Graphic Performance Issues in SWTOR

by Jadefox02

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphic Performance Issues in SWTOR

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My computer, running Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB of RAM, i5 4670K processor and a GeForce GTX 770 GPU, is unable to play this game on any graphic setting higher than "Very Low" without massive performance issues. Models are all blocky and messed up, and is overall glitchy/jumpy. I typically am able to run games at Very High and Ultra settings, I also keep my drivers up to date. Is this an issue with the most recent patch? Or is there some internal issues my computer is having?

Message 1 of 3 (3,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphic Performance Issues in SWTOR

★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the response!

I figured out the issue, my computer has been forcing the display to use my internal graphics card (Intel 4600)  for some strange reason, I disabled it under devices and now my computer is using the dedicated GPU and now my game looks beautiful. :P

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (4,058 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Jadefox02 Without looking at a few logs , could I suggest changing your Power settings to High, turning off any 3rd party overlay (*Including the xbox app built into Windows 10).

Manually install DX9.0c as Administrator.http://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=8109

Ensuring that your Windows + Vcard Software + Game are all using and set to the same 'Native Resolution' for your monitor.

Message 2 of 3 (3,688 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the response!

I figured out the issue, my computer has been forcing the display to use my internal graphics card (Intel 4600)  for some strange reason, I disabled it under devices and now my computer is using the dedicated GPU and now my game looks beautiful. :P

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3 (4,059 Views)