Re: Googling a help link doesn't take me to the specified link.

by Belgorad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Googling a help link doesn't take me to the specified link.

★★ Novice

When I am googling an issue, when I click on the specific thread it does not take me to that specific page?  It takes me to the home page of SWTOR threads.  So far I am not pleased with this set up. 

Message 1 of 8 (764 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

As an update, please note that the old SWTOR CS forums will be come inaccessible indefinitely on Tuesday, 27th October.

Please make sure that you take the days up until then to retain any information you deem valuable.

Thanks again everyone.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (576 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Right now the customer service section in the swtor forums auto redirects here so that is what you may see happening.

Do you had an example to post for one that isn't in the customer service section of the swtor forum?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 8 (744 Views)

★★ Novice

Its only redirecting Customer Service links like the tips to improve SWTOR FPS that was posted like a year ago. A lot of crucial information about fixing the game is now gone because of the swap over here. Good work BW

Message 3 of 8 (719 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@stickarena123 wrote:

Its only redirecting Customer Service links like the tips to improve SWTOR FPS that was posted like a year ago. A lot of crucial information about fixing the game is now gone because of the swap over here. Good work BW

You will find that many of us are requesting through back channels access to either information that we have provided or others have provided to address things like this, as you are correct there was a wealth of information that is presently inaccessible (but it is day 1 of the new forums so who knows).

Message 4 of 8 (715 Views)

I don't believe it was intended to auto redirect every link at present , the old CS Forum was meant to be "Read Only" for a time.

I imagine this will get sorted over the next few days to allow copying out info of worthwhile threads 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 8 (677 Views)

Community Manager

@firefly0255 @Belgorad @stickarena123 @DBWoodynz @proxos666 

Thanks everyone for your feedback.

We have adjusted our approach and created an archive where the old Star Wars: The Old Republic CS Forums will remain accessible for a bit longer to give everyone a chance to copy over any useful information.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 8 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

As an update, please note that the old SWTOR CS forums will be come inaccessible indefinitely on Tuesday, 27th October.

Please make sure that you take the days up until then to retain any information you deem valuable.

Thanks again everyone.

Message 7 of 8 (577 Views)

@EA_Nils wrote:

Thanks again everyone.

DevilDevilDevil Noooooooo sniffle Standard smile

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 8 of 8 (560 Views)