Re: Game crashing

by proxos666

Original Post

Game crashing

★★★ Newbie

For the last couple of weeks my game has been crashing. I will start the game up log in select my character and start playing. Sometimes it will let me play for hours sometimes minutes. Essentially what it does is I will be playing and all of a sudden the game will freeze then screen turn black and then automatically close swtor to the desktop. I've troubleshooted for the past 2 week. All updates for Windows are installed and graphics drivers are up to date and directx is installed. If anyone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated.

My graphics card is a Ati Radeon HD 4650 1gb and the driver version that installed is 0.8.891.0 and also I have tried deleting bitraider and edited the launcher settings you disable bitraider and am still having the same problem.

Message 1 of 2 (222 Views)

Re: Game crashing

[ Edited ]

@commanderx2

Can you try the below if your confident in doing, this is not a current solution but a workaround to try and stop the crashes

There appears to be an issue affecting all 32 bit OSs and this will include XP

1.Right-click My Computer. Click Properties.
2.In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
3.On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click Settings.
4.In the Startup and Recovery dialog box, under System startup, click Edit. The Windows boot.ini file will be opened in Microsoft® Notepad.
5.Create a backup copy of the boot.ini file. Note: Boot.ini files may vary from computer to computer. (do not use the saved copy re-load the original boot.ini)
6.Select the following line in the boot.ini file:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

7.Press Ctrl+C to copy the line and then press Ctrl+V to paste it immediately below the original line.

Note: Your text string may be different from the text string in this solution, so be sure to copy the text string from your boot.ini file, and not the text string included here.

8.Modify the copied line to include “ /3GB”, as shown in the following example:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional 3GB" /3GB /fastdetect

Note: Do not overwrite any existing lines.

9.Save and close the boot.ini file.
10.Click OK to close each dialog box.
11.Restart your computer.
12.During startup, select the 3GB option. If you do not select the 3GB option, the system will default to the 2GB total memory setting.

EDIT - I am trying to stop the football appears that is meant to be ( 2 )\ without any spaces (just need to copy the existing line in the boot.ini and do the change in red on the new line)
CM EDIT: The football should no longer appear, sorry about that and thanks for flagging it to us.

I will send it to you on swtor.com via PM as well but the last part of the new line the difference between the lines is in red above

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 2 (211 Views)