False Advertising for Guild Bank Access with CC

by WesDaMouse

Original Post

False Advertising for Guild Bank Access with CC

★★★ Newbie

So firstly I am not a Subscriber, I just got off the phone with Customer Service who told me the issue was weird but they couldn't help me as they don't deal with in-game issues. I want to know why I was lied to when I bought the Guild Bank Access for my whole account for 1080CC but I only got a window into the guild bank and can't actually interact with it to deposit credits for my guild.

I want the problem solved and granted access to what I paid for. Nowhere on the screen was I told it would not let me interact with the bank, just a big stupid picture of the game art and a "You need to be a Subscriber to access the Guild Bank OR pay with Cartel Coins." which then brings me to a smaller window mentioning character access or account access. I don't appreciate being lied to about my money I'm spending especially as a preferred player who used to actually pay a monthly subscription. You people have my money, have gotten it in the past. I don't appreciate you not warning me properly about whats actually being sold to me.

Message 1 of 6 (1,175 Views)

Re: False Advertising for Guild Bank Access with CC

@WesDaMouse

Does this help - Link  ,

Is the issue just about credit access ? has been discussed at this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 6 (1,157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not at all whatsoever, in fact its more worrisome since that link seems to indicate the exact opposite that "Free-to-Play Guild members, and Free-to-Play or preferred members of Subscriber Guilds can unlock access to their Guild Bank through the Cartel Market." Meaning even the support link is a blatant lie as to what they are trying to sell you does not in-fact grant you any access to the Guild Bank at all. All that has changed is I can see activity in the bank and who has donated or whats been withdrawn.

I was under the impression that when I "buy access to all characters for my account" with the equivalent of almost $10 real cash that my account would have a Guild Bank override and treat my interaction with the bank as a subscriber would without having to pay for a monthly sub or grant access to other sub features. I'd very much like to speak with actual support or employees as to what my money actually has gone towards and why they can't label their product clearly enough to tell me  "You're not actually getting anything foryou $10 with this, you just get to look at the bank now."

Message 3 of 6 (1,140 Views)

@WesDaMouse

You can add/view/remove items from the guild bank if you have the correct access by the guild leader

However credits will always be restricted for f2p/preferred members

You can send an email to support@swtor.com and detail that the unlock you purchased does not do what you thought it would and would like to request it removed from your account and a refund of the Cartel Coins for the purchase

Try to keep emotion out of the email and hopefully they can assist with the refund if that is what you are seeking

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 6 (1,110 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'd like an official response if anything. The link from the SWTOR forums doesn't address the fact that players BYPASS the Escrow already just by credit trade. That whole area of the system is broken. They put basic features behind a paywall and think its this clever way to gain Subs, but fail to realize they have this GAPING HOLE in how their system works. I can hand all of my 350k to a friend, and he'll just hang onto it and but me whatever I was saving up for, then wait for the bind to dissolve and trade it back. Everyone knows about this. I just can't understand the reasoning to lock it behind pay or for Subs but then LIE about selling me access. Not only is it stupid, its really scummy too because you aren't even giving me an idea of what I'm buying, just "Hey if you want this pay us" and then it turns out "No that's actually not at all what you paid for sorry but thanks for the cash!"

Message 5 of 6 (1,104 Views)

@WesDaMouse

As mentioned in my last post to discuss this with someone official you will need to email support@swtor.com in regards to this purchase.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 6 (1,092 Views)