Re: Characters are 'stuck' in the other account

by UrimkIL99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Characters are 'stuck' in the other account

★★ Apprentice

So yeah, I already posted a thread about it.

but I'm hell out of frustrated, I have 24 characters and legacy and all that stuff that are mine, in an account which isn't completely mine... I shared it with my brother, without knowing it's not allowed.

Now I started a new account, subbed aswell, and no matter how much I try I keep getting told they can not be transfered...

I know I did a bad thing at the start, but now what? I have no way to fix it? I'm a subscriber, and I subbed for a long time on the first account...

what can I do now? wait and hope? seems like it, but man that sucks. 

whatever happens, I will appritiate any kind of support

and no, I won't give up those toons and start new ones. 

Message 1 of 11 (889 Views)

Accepted Solution

Your answer has been given here

Only other option is talk your brother into keeping that account.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (886 Views)

All Replies

Your answer has been given here

Only other option is talk your brother into keeping that account.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 2 of 11 (887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I can understand the frustration. On GW2, my boyfriend had an account that was 3 years old, and when we decided to recently start playing it together, he decided to make a new one because he couldn't get into his existing one. Later, after he'd paid loads of RL on the new account, he managed to get into his old account. Unfortunately, GW2 (like SWTOR) does not have the technology to 'merge'/transfer characters from one account to another. The only game I know that offers that is WoW, (although I believe this started people selling characters for real money, etc). Again, I do understand why you're frustrated at this.

There is no way to fix it. SWTOR does not have the technology for that, even if they wanted to do it for you right now. I doubt that they will ever have character account transfer because it opens up the possibility of people selling characters for real money like gold sellers, which are already a problem. I'm very sure they will never bring this feature out, sorry, because I believe it will create too many problems.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to recreate those characters. However, if you are a subscriber and when KOTFE hits, all subscribers will receive a free level 60 creator - meaning that you could recreate one of your toons on the new account. If you wish to recreate more, you will be able to purchase additional 'level 60 creators' off the cartel market (although we have no idea what the cost will be yet). I believe they might come with crafting skills already levelled to a certain point (no idea if you can choose them or if they're given, depending on your class).

You could wait until KOTFE (2 weeks yesterday for early access)  and create instant 60s of the characters on the other account (delete the existing character so you can use the name, same class, same looks, etc). They already come with gear, so don't worry about that, and KOTFE will make previous top-level PVE gear ratings obsolete, anyway. You will lose your legacy items and any items bound to those characters. You would, however, be able to mail gold and non-bound items from your old characters to your new ones. It's not ideal, but it will stop you having to go from 1-60 on each character, and will hopefully come with already levelled crafting skills, so you won't have to do that either. I think that's going to be the closest thing to what you're after. It's that or create levels 1s, I'm afraid. :/

Alternatively, kick your brother off your account and make him create new toons. I guess it depends who was paying for the subscription and who initially created the account. I hope this helps you a bit. I would suggest remaking your high level/favourite toons as instant 60s.

Message 3 of 11 (878 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thanks for responding.

I thought It might be somewhat good if I update this detail:

Both of us, the playes of the first account are under 18, we made the accounts by same parent.

I don't know if that is considered as his accounts or something, but I just wanted to inform it.

thanks again.

Message 4 of 11 (860 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup, it's your parent's account, legally speaking.

Message 5 of 11 (824 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I'm so frustrated, I don't play swtor too much atm becaous of my issue.

and I got it, I do undesrtand what is "it's not safe" | "They don't do that" | "it's your own fault", I do not seek for any other player responds, even though I do apritiate you trying to help.

I'm trying to get to talk with someone from the team, try to explain it all to them, try to figure out what can we do, because yet I did not get an answer from the team saying its really impossible, or very hard technically, and i believe that it is somewhat possible if they try a new trick or something.

anyway I just want to clearfy, no need for trying to explain me why they won't do it if you are not THEM.

I'm seeking to talk to them... but It's not an easy thing to do, Tickets get droid respond, forum post got 1 not-explained respond, and in phone calls I got a clerk who is probably trained to deny those requast, and i could not explain it too much since I have difficulties talking English.

so, I want to talk to you, prefarably with messeges, I dont care if it will take time, I know you are busy, but i want to talk to professionals and try to arrange something out.

thanks, sorry for taking your time, have nice days.

Message 6 of 11 (777 Views)

This particular forum is not the appropriate place to answer what you are requesting unfortunately.

See Here for Support Options

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 7 of 11 (770 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thanks for showing me, though I get a problem here:

-[THIS PAGE ISN'T VIEWABLE BECAUSE YOU AREN'T LOGGED IN OR DON'T HAVE PERMISSION.

Please click the back button to return to your previous page.

Message 8 of 11 (766 Views)

★★★ Guide

They have never solved issues like this through the forums, the only way is by phone, and pretty sure the clerks are trained to do for you what is possible, which means they are not trained to deny it out of hand. If they cannot do it, then it is most likely not possible. If you want, when you do talk to them, you could try asking for a supervisor, but as someone with experience in technical support, I can tell you that most of the time, the supervisor will tell you the exact same thing as the person who answered your call, not because they don't want to do it, but because they could lose their job doing something for you that is forbidden. And you probably won't find anyone from the team here to answer your questions, these forums are set up for knowledgeable players to share their expertise with other players who have questions, with limited supervision from anyone on any team. You have to email them, or call them, they won't do anything with accoutns through the forums. (and my niece who is now 18 had an account of her own for this game at 16 or so, without lying about age, and at least one of her friends did as well, although they forgot their login information).

You may just have to set up your own account, and start over, because I don't think they are going to do what you want them to, even if you talked to a supervisor over the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------
alt-maniac extraordinaire
the Harbinger server
too many 65s to count
Imperial and Republic player

NOT an EA employee, just a volunteer here to help
Permanently sleep-depped, runs on caffeine and chocolate
Slightly Sarcastic
Message 9 of 11 (742 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the replay,

I understand what you say, even though it's really hard to understand things in this frustrating situation =\

I am 16 aswell by the way, and It's not easy for me calling them... I sent them a mail, but didn't get a response yet, after more then a week.

anyways thanks. 

Message 10 of 11 (736 Views)