Character Transfer Error and Lost Cartel Coins

by y14pk2mhr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Character Transfer Error and Lost Cartel Coins

★★ Novice

I have decided to transfer two of my characters from one server to another. As I have not done so before I still had a free Character Transfer under my account. When I tried to transfer my first character an error popped up saying something happened and to try again later. Unfortunately this has somehow used up my free Character Transfer. Thinking it was just a glitch, I attempted to transfer over my second character, this time costing 90 Cartel Coins. This one went without an issue and my character is safe and sound on the other server. Going back to the first character, I attempted to transfer it over again. This time the price was set at 90 Cartel Coins and the same error showed up taking those 90 Cartel Coins. Not only I am not able to Transfer over this character for whatever reason, I lost my free character transfer and was robbed of 90 Cartel Coins. I'm afraid of trying it again for the fear of losing more of them. Being a Preferred player, I try to not to spend too many Cartel Coins, so this is a large hit to my savings.

Message 1 of 9 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Character Transfer Error and Lost Cartel Coins

Hero

@y14pk2mhr

You will either need to email support@swtor.com with the character name, server you were trying to transfer to and server you were transferring from and request that it be transferred and that 90 cartel coins be refunded since it should have used your free transfer.  Another option is to call Customer Service with the same request and information.  See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (807 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@y14pk2mhr

You will either need to email support@swtor.com with the character name, server you were trying to transfer to and server you were transferring from and request that it be transferred and that 90 cartel coins be refunded since it should have used your free transfer.  Another option is to call Customer Service with the same request and information.  See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

– Yoda

Message 2 of 9 (808 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too just recently attempted a server transfer, system took my 90 cartel coins and got Error message. Why is there such a lack of Customer Support for F2P and Preferred accounts? Player Q&A cannot help in these situations that require actual support from Customer Service.

Message 3 of 9 (730 Views)

Hero

@dkappat8r

For F2P / Preferred players you will need to either email the email address from my previous post or call Customer service.  The only thing additional subscribers get is making in-game tickets but that would not solve this issue here.  This is a customer service issue and as such only by calling and possibly email would this issue get resolved for both subscribers and F2P players.

– Yoda

Message 4 of 9 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Mod-Removed] When you go to Contact Customer Service at swtor.com it gives options to click Subscriber and Not Subscriber. Subscribers are given the option of in game ticket and call customer support, Not Subscriber is directed to Answers HQ. I called any way, they were helpful up until the point when they noticed I was preferred. Then that person directed me to email [edit: email address removed]. [Mod-Removed]

Message 5 of 9 (711 Views)

@dkappat8r

As this involved cartel coins involving real money, Calling CS or email to support@swtor.com are your only options.

Please refrain from making personnel attacks it does nothing to solve the issue. 

@EA_Kat

Are you able to provide further insight on best course of action here for DKappaT8r

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 9 (704 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

@dkappat8r

I can see customer service was able to help you out and you got your cartel coins back! Glad that worked out and I hope you wont get another error like this again.

@y14pk2mhr

If you haven't already; sent in a ticket via email, please do so and I am sure we can see about your lost free transfer and get you your cartel coins back as well Standard smile

Message 7 of 9 (680 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope. All I've got is a generic reply that shows all basic information for common problems.

Message 8 of 9 (664 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

I see. @y14pk2mhr would you mind sending in another ticket and we should then get it sorted for you.

~Kat

Message 9 of 9 (655 Views)