Cant receive one-time password or change email

by rymere83

Original Post

Cant receive one-time password or change email

★★★ Newbie

i cant remove my authenticator cuz im not receiving the email with the one-time password. I also cant change my email due to not being able to log in...i need my email changed and authenticator removed but i cant find help or find any way to submit a website based help request...this is probably the worst customer service ive seen for a game

Message 2 of 11 (739 Views)

Re: One Time(Yea Right) password issue

★★★ Newbie

i cant remove my authenticator cuz im not receiving the email with the one-time password. I also cant change my email due to not being able to log in...i need my email changed and authenticator removed but i cant find help or find any way to submit a website based help request...this is probably the worst customer service ive seen for a game

Message 1 of 11 (732 Views)

Re: Cant receive one-time password or change email

[ Edited ]

@rymere83

Do you have access to the EA account tied to the swtor account ? if you do you can change the email on the EA account see this link

from there see if you can remove the security key per this link

If all else fails a quick call to CS (Link) they will be able to sort this out for you

Edit - I am aware that there was/is hotmail/outlook mail server issues if relevant and maybe why there has been no emails

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 3 of 11 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I dont know whats linked or not but this account im posting on is the EA account and i changed the email on my EA account. No idea if thats linked or related to my swtor account or not

Message 4 of 11 (708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I changed my EA email but nothing seemed to happen.

For example, if you switch the email address on your EA Account, you’ll also need to confirm that change for SW:TOR by following the steps to validate the new address (you should receive these steps by email). 

The only email I got was to confirm my new EA email but nothing about swtor itself

Message 5 of 11 (707 Views)

@rymere83

Doesnt sound like they are linked.

Quick phone call should be able to resolve this

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 11 (694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bah I hate calling customer support for games...I dont have any of the account info other then the emai and account name. There should be ways to fix this online...why is instant email not working?

Message 7 of 11 (687 Views)

@rymere83

Swtor does not handle account issues like this except over the phone, for other issues you can use support@swtor.com 

I do know if you email with an account login issue like this they will respond to call them directly.

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 11 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess I dont have a choice. This kind of backwards * and forced customer service interaction is one of the reasons everyone hates EA. I just want to play swtor again. I dont give a * about the EA side 

Message 9 of 11 (681 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could not agree more. What the mod said, "Swtor does not handle account issues like this except over the phone" wasn't true not too long ago. If you wanted to move your mobile security key (or authenticator as you called it) from one device to another because the screen broke or for whatever reason, you could request a one-time password emailed to you to prove your account ownership (in place of the inaccesible security key) so you could still log in and recover the serial key for your account. That was an automated process that allowed players to access their accounts (and therefore play) anywhere, anytime. I'm pretty sure the cost (if any) to have this handy feature ready for your paying customers is negligible.

I used it myself several times. Now, should you lose your security key (someone deleted mine!) you need to call EA over the phone at the same time that, yes! you guessed it! YOU are at work yourself, since you can't log in without your security key and you can't setup your security key without logging in. Or, you could open a chat window at sales.liveperson.net (no joke, that's the domain) and wait basically forever to see if you can get an answer. Personally, my wait time went down (20 min ago) to 35-40 min (down from 120). Hmmm....way to go, EA?

All this time, I should have been playing. Kinda why I subscribed, EA, to play.

Message 10 of 11 (646 Views)