Cant install the launcher

by cravingphoenix

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant install the launcher

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
I recently resubed, and I tried to up date my laptop launcher. It would just say updating, pls wait forever. So I downloaded the install from my account @ swtor.com and ran it. It said install complete but now the launcher wont open at all. However the swtor launcher process starts under the task manager.

I'm still running Windows 7.

If someone could help me out that would be the best.
Message 1 of 4 (278 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cant install the launcher

Hero

@cravingphoenix

It sounds like bit raider is getting stuck.  Try to run the launcher repair utility here

Also add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus / firewall safe list in case they are blocking or deleting files.

You can also remove bit raider which may resolve the issue however note that this is a complete download of the game again but may resolve and prevent the issue in the future. I recently had to reinstall the game myself but I remove bit raider each time as it can cause issues.

If you wish to do this follow the steps below.

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (277 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@cravingphoenix

It sounds like bit raider is getting stuck.  Try to run the launcher repair utility here

Also add swtor.exe and launcher.exe to your anti-virus / firewall safe list in case they are blocking or deleting files.

You can also remove bit raider which may resolve the issue however note that this is a complete download of the game again but may resolve and prevent the issue in the future. I recently had to reinstall the game myself but I remove bit raider each time as it can cause issues.

If you wish to do this follow the steps below.

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 4 (278 Views)

★ Novice

@Belgorad,

Thanks for the reply. I installed the repair tool, and ran it. I believe it worked. the new launcher opened up and started patching.

i left the pc alone for about an hour and when i returned it was telling me that it was installing, but next to it, it still says downloading -100% at variable speeds. 

it also states "minimum download in progress but in the far bottom right corner it says ready to play, so if this is normal at this stage the i think its working.

ill keep you posted on any other changes

Cravingphoenix

Message 3 of 4 (250 Views)

★ Novice
@Belgorad,
Thanks soo much for youreaching assistance! I got every thing up and running fine thank you so much!

Cravingphoenix
Message 4 of 4 (234 Views)