Re: Cannot login to my account

by proxos666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot login to my account

★★ Novice

Hi, so this morning I tried to recover my account which now seems impossible. I have my display name and the correct password for that account. I have forgotten my security key due to me upgrading my mobile device and when I try to login, it rather says 'LOGIN FAILED' rather than taking me to the 'Forgot your security key' page. I then go through the 'Forgot Password' stage. My account is linked to my email and when I try to change my password, I can't as I need a security key to do so. My account seems impossible to log in, and I believe that by pressing 'Forgot Password' it erased the password the account was linked to and is now waiting for a new password request but cannot be done as there is no security key information. Please help, as I'm really looking forward to getting back into the game again.

Regards,

Gwyn

Message 1 of 3 (467 Views)

Accepted Solution

@gwynv

Login failed would generally indicate either the account has been suspended or the password is incorrect

you are best calling CS to get this sorted, See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (591 Views)

All Replies

@gwynv

Login failed would generally indicate either the account has been suspended or the password is incorrect

you are best calling CS to get this sorted, See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 3 (592 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked! I was able to contact Customer Support and have them remove the security key attached to my account and thus I was able to reset my password and finally log in! Hurray!

For those experiencing an issue similar to mine, I recommend using any VoIP application (such as Skype) to contact them. Using this number, +18553452186, is free of charge and is insanely quick. Much thanks to you too, proxos666, for your help in my case!

May the Force be with You!

Message 3 of 3 (271 Views)