Re: Can't subscribe: An error has occurred while trying to process your request

by UnluckySanta

Original Post

Can't subscribe (An error has occurred while trying to process your request...)

★★ Novice

Hi! I've bought SWTOR Digital Starter Pack on Origin which gave 30 days of subscription. I really like the easier and hassle-free gameplay so after the 30 days expired I've decided to renew my subscription.

I've head to My Account --> Subscription and chose the 30 days option. I have a PayPal account linked to my EA account (I used the same account and method to buy the Digital Starter Pack) so I chose that to pay. Everything went fine, I accepted the terms and got redirected to the PayPal page where I accepted the deal and got redirected back to the SWTOR payment page, where I was at the Receipt tab and the page was processing my request. But in the end it gave me this error: " An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0}."

I've tried this many times, I've deleted my browser's cache and cookies, used  a different browser and my dad's laptop, all the same case. 

When I got to my Payment History it puts all my attempts as FAILED.

Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks.

Message 2 of 9 (930 Views)

Can't subscribe: An error has occurred while trying to process your request.

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I am trying to subscribe after some hiatus (have been a subscriber before) but the site keeps giving the error "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later. {0}".

I have tried:

- Triple checking credit card info (I am 100% certain am using the right card info with exact letters, plus the card is working just fine);

- Using a different browser;

- Clearing cache/cookies etc;

- Waiting a while and re-trying;

As I am not a subscriber, I cannot send tickets or ask for help on forums. EA site also says calls are for subscribers (https://help.ea.com/en-sg/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-support/#not). What should I do?

Message 1 of 9 (940 Views)

Hero

@Wils0nK@UnluckySanta

Since you both had the same problem I merged both threads.  In order to resolve the issue you will need to call customer service.  It is possible and error in their billing system however the admins would not have access to check and for security purposes these types of issues are only handled via phone.

Also even though the help site says otherwise, phone support is available for account and billing issues even if your not a subscriber.

With that said see db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 3 of 9 (907 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the quick reply!

I tried it today as well just to see if miracles happen but nope.

I'm going to call the support via Skype then, are they available on Sundays as well? The Help site only shows the hours but not the days.

And that post you've linked: should we call the US team as well, just like the woodynz, despite not being from the USA, or can we call the number given in "Contact support from other countries" list?

Message 4 of 9 (888 Views)

@UnluckySanta

To phone free using skype it needs to be the US number as detailed, otherwise standard call charges apply for any other number

They are available 7 days a week but only during the hours specified

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 5 of 9 (881 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay, thank you! I'm going to call them today late afternoon then.

Message 6 of 9 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Only this number - a problem for people like me. That is - poor knowledge of English, or if ypu are from Russia. And sometimes - both.
Today I called this number, in broken English, tried to explain the information about my account SWTOR, as a result - zero. But was a good guy and helped than he could, and tried to break through my terrible language.
In the end - he offered in support of the appeal Origin of residence, but there problem - here are only responsible players in SWTOR its support, and I already call them. On the Russian support is not present, but in English I just really can not explain, and write some data too.

I can't do anythink :D

Message 7 of 9 (846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was the same problem, and solutions are not found for two days, finally once again trying to pay for a subscription payment has passed.

Message 8 of 9 (817 Views)

@seth2993

If continual issues try and find a source for 60 day time cards it may save a lot of headaches

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 9 of 9 (812 Views)