Re: Can't reset password

by Belgorad

Original Post

Can't reset password

★★★ Newbie

I was trying to login to Swtor, figured I'd just forgotten my password when it locked up on me and kept kicking back a "your password is incorrect".  But no.  When I clicked on the "reset password" link, all the password resets are kicking me back out on the website as well with "An error has occurred".  Can't even detach the security key without being able to log in to the EA account, and it kept kicking me back on the website as well in spite of having run through every password I've ever used.

Is the server down?  WTH is going on?

Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

Re: Can't reset password

Hero

@Blaksson

I'm not aware of it being down however because you both need to reset your password and remove the security key from your account, in this situation you would need to call Customer Service.  To detach the security key, you need your correct password, but to reset it you need your security key.

If you call Customer Service, once they authenticate your account they will be able to both remove the security key and reset your password.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (302 Views)