Can't create a level one character

by MysticCryptic

Original Post

Can't create a level one character

★ Apprentice

I redownloaded the game today so I could play it on my laptop while my pc is fixed. I went to create a new character and found three choices.. only to find that the top one, create a character for Knights of the Eternal Throne was the only one I could select. Hitting 'create character' also forces that selection onto me, pushing an advanced level character onto me at character creation. I do not want this. I just want a regular old republic level one character. How do I get this to happen? I screen captured the screen for clarification.

Message 1 of 15 (1,087 Views)

Re: Can't create a level one character

@MysticCryptic

Trying to ascertain if this is a bug after the recent patch that may be intermittent

Have noticed the game isnt fully downloaded , is there any chnage if you run a file verification ? per this link

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 15 (1,081 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks, I'm doing that now. I don't understand why it's still downloading, or what happened. It's quite frustrating. I literally cannot create an original, old republic character and because I'm only preferred status not a subscriber I can't post on the forums about this, either.

Message 3 of 15 (1,076 Views)

@MysticCryptic

Posting here is better then posting on the forums over at swtor.com , there will be only so much that can be done on the forum here as well but have not exhausted all avenues here yet

First step is to see if the file verification has any affect at all

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 4 of 15 (1,075 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tried the verification via the link that you posted.. same issue as before. Still says game is downloading, still won't let me create a level one character. Very very fustrated.

Message 5 of 15 (1,068 Views)

@MysticCryptic

Need to establish that the game not downloaded properly isnt the cause of this issue

Not sure why it hasnt finished downloading even after a file verification, it possibly could be a Antivirus thing , if so need to ensure launcher.exe, swtor.exe and brwc.exe are in the exception list for both the antivirus and firewall.

If you are open to install the game as non streaming per this link  this disables bitraider , it also mean the game has to be fully downloaded before being able to play

Either way at some point need to find a solution for why the game isnt fully installed

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 6 of 15 (1,067 Views)

★ Apprentice

still having the same issue only it stalled out on downloading at 99.85 last night. I don't understand what's going on or why it won't fully download. It's been days now. I never had this issue before. I downloaded the game via origin on my laptop. I have a hard copy somewhere but I can't locate it.

Message 7 of 15 (1,041 Views)

@MysticCryptic

You have switched to non streaming ? that is the same patcher as using disks

if non streaming and bitraider is disabled then try patching in safe mode with networking that way nothing should be interferring

Photo of my New Speeder 

Message 8 of 15 (1,036 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

How do I switch to non streaming? And what could be causing the game to not download fully? I uninstalled and reinstalled it and it's downloading now but what the heck is this minimum download thing on the bottom of the launcher?It was there the first time I tried this.

Message 9 of 15 (1,027 Views)

★ Apprentice

Husband installed ethernet cable on laptop. I uninstalled then reinstalled stwor. I launch and see this screencap. Apparently I have MORE to download but where, how and why? What is going on here? Why can't I play my sith Setira?

Message 10 of 15 (1,018 Views)