Re: Black and White Dye Module not showing in-game?

by SerenityofLight

Original Post

Black and White Dye Module not showing in-game?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey all,

This is a rather petty thing, but still a bug.

About a month ago I bought the Black and White dye module from the GTN and applied it to the chest called (Emperor's Battlegarb). It was under an outfit slot, instead of being actually equipped.

For whatever reason, the chest turned out Grey and White, whereas everything else (Set to unify colours) went black and white.

How it looks in-game

However, the game registers that the dye allocated is Black and White, as in the character selection screen and the outfit designer it appears Black and White.

Recently the dyes became available on the Cartel Market, so I gave it another go. the same issue happened.

Any suggestions on how to get round this or fix it?

I'm not sure how you would actually go about fixing this. But regardless, I felt it was necessary for this bug to be known, as many people could end up losing a lot of money as I did.

Anyone reading this, thanks for your time. I hope this issue is resolved. I doubt it can in my case, but I hope it can be prevented for other people who do something similar in the future.

Message 1 of 3 (390 Views)

★★★ Guide

@itsNovsta

The colors on armor are subject to whatever base color they are being overlaid onto. This is why the same dye doesn't have a uniform shade across all armors. From the sound of it, the underlying armor has been changed and it is changing how the dye appears on it.

That might be why it is still showing the black and white dye in the stamped slot. It wasn't the dye that changed but the base texture. From the sound of it, the devs will need to look at the base texture to see if it was changed or maybe if the shader was changed to mute colors too much. I'm not absolutely sure since I don't know for certain how that works in SWTOR.

Message 2 of 3 (370 Views)

★ Novice
When some armours are dyed, they may go a lighter/darker shade of that colour based on the original. That is true.

However, the fact that in cutscenes, character login and outfit slot previews it appears the correct colour is new.
If it was going to go a lighter shade, it would normally show that in the preview, thereby saving someone like me a lot of money because they can see that equipping it won't give the desired effect.

The fact that in everything but the game itself it appears black, suggests that this is a bug. Friends have told me it goes black during cutscenes before returning to grey in game.

I suppose I'll just have to submit a ticket. This whole ordeal cost me 15 million and 600cc!
Message 3 of 3 (312 Views)