Re: Bad view distance and animation frames

by Billzor91

Original Post

Bad view distance and animation frames

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hey with the 3.3.2 update the view distance and animation, did take a big hit. Npc and items are popping in right next to you.

Even items that you need to loot, will only pop op when you are next to it .

The animation looks llike the game is lagging, i had to check my fps all the time the frist day to see if it was me but nope. fps was fine

All this is not game breaking but it is really killing it for me it's not enjoyable right now.

Animation

Npc pop in

Item pop in

Message 1 of 32 (1,439 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having a lot of the same issues as you. Are your cutscenes super laggy as well? 

Message 2 of 32 (1,419 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have not see that manny cutscreens after the update will check some of them out

Message 3 of 32 (1,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@predDK Could I suggest that you either look at your power settings as if they are not on high your pc will try to save power every chance it gets as your FPS dips are Massive!

Without looking at your dxdiag logs to better identify your issues in more depth.

*things like Windows Aero can have similar effects also included would be many 3rd party overlays.

Here is a visual representation of my View Distance...

Message 4 of 32 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay sorry i didn't make myself clear enough the problem is not my pc its the new game update.

Some items and npc are popping in and out as u can see on the links. And i guess they cut some of the npc animations in half to provide better fps.

I never had lag or fps drops in this game.

Hope this makes more sense

My spec and fps in game give or take

Maxed settings (shadow resolution 2048)

Normal play: 80-100 fps

pvp 45-70 fps + -

Raid 43-80 fps + -

Running a i7 5830k gtx980 240gb ssd 980w Psu

Message 5 of 32 (1,389 Views)

Your not alone with this issue.

By memory people are reporting NPC etc are like at 2 -3 fps

I expect a patch will be needed to correct this

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 6 of 32 (1,381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Same issue here..

We had a thread about these issues in the old SWTOR customer support forum (6 or 7 pages).

The issues started with the latest patch.

Message 7 of 32 (1,369 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm noticing the similar issue...

Loading screens and overall fps is good but... NPCs? They're faltering, stuttering, moving like 2f/sec. Before the patch I could play on high settings without a problem (my laptop is not that old, can run Inquisition). But now even on the lowest settngs and after reinstalling the game the mobs (all of them and everywhere) are still stuttering. Now I can't even play without getting a headache and a month of subcribtion went in vain because I can't play story or do any fps. I've been on the old forum with the same issue but they (bioware) ignore it completely =\

Message 8 of 32 (1,354 Views)

★ Apprentice

Still no answer from EA or Bioware.

The NPCs are still faltering, the sky in PVP BG Alderaan is still black,  Voidstar has still one invisible Bridge etc.

These issues started with the latest patch!

Can we please get an answer if Bioware has noticed these issues and is maybe working on a solution.

Many thanks. Standard smile

Message 9 of 32 (1,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Having same issues as all have stated above.

Issues started with last patch.

Have checked my pc over and have tried multiple video configurations in game.

Im not sure about others in this forum, but it has ruined my playing experience. The laggy npc animations are just to jarring.

As a poster has stated above we have had no feedback on this issue from Bioware or EA.

I can appreciate the fact they may have a lot on their plate right now with an expansion about to launch.

If they maybe have a moment, a look into this issue with some heads up or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

A fix, well that would be even better!

Message 10 of 32 (1,252 Views)