Re: Account Hacked also Wow... Really EA, Only Subscribers can contact support?

by Belgorad

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Account Hacked also Wow... Really EA, Only Subscribers can contact support?

★ Novice

So I get an email telling me that my email has been changed, how thoughtful since I haven't played in years, good to know that EA has security holes in it's system to allow accounts to be stolen and security features to be bypassed since no confirmation to change email or pass was sent to my email.

On top of that I reset the email but when I log into the account page to find an option to contact EA to see if any info or damage to my account has been done, I find I CAN'T unless I subscribe to the damn game... My only other option is to talk to my fellow gamers about it... Are you * me... 

One day companies will realize the backbone of a good gaming community is top notch support.

Trevyn-

Message 1 of 2 (352 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

@Trevyn201

Phone support is available for both subscribers and non-subscribers.  You can call Customer Service if you need further assistance with re-securing your account.  If you haven't already I would also recommend adding a security key to your account to add further protection.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (368 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Trevyn201

Phone support is available for both subscribers and non-subscribers.  You can call Customer Service if you need further assistance with re-securing your account.  If you haven't already I would also recommend adding a security key to your account to add further protection.

See db woodynz post here with a link to numbers and how to use skype if you have it.

Using skype with that contact is a free call to the best of my knowledge, that number is only available as per the hours listed (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT) so need to confirm time zone etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 2 (369 Views)