Frame limiter command doesn't work for me

by Leonkiller44

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Frame limiter command doesn't work for me

★★★★ Novice

Framelimiter command doesn't "work" for me , the command does apply but theres no effect , i already tried to reset game settings by deleting them from the documents folder.

All other commands like fps draw are working just fine but i really need to cap my fps below my monitors Hz as i have a Gsync monitor and 3rd party fps limiter programs adds input lag just like vsync does ,  it has to be this way....

Any solutions?

Message 1 of 9 (13,919 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Frame limiter command doesn't work for me

★★ Novice

After severral month searching how to limit full GPU usage, here is my experience with the Origin PC version of the game and a Nvidia card :

- limiting framerate in the origin launcher does not work

- limiting framerate in the SWBF2 console does not work

- checking VSync in game options lmits your framerate to your monitor frequency (60 fps in my case).

- using Nvidia profile inspector allows you to set this value even lower (30 fps for example). Can be found here : https://nvidiaprofileinspector.com/

I'm happy to play this game without perpetual fan noise !

Cheers

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (12,843 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice

What i do is just enable VSync globally through Nvidia Control Panel. I'm on a 144hz panel and my FPS rarely goes past 90fps, so there's no need to cap it in my case. If you're on a 60hz monitor though, i guess you need something like RTSS to cap it.

I also found this through a quick google search, though i haven't tried it myself. https://diaryofdennis.com/2017/10/01/how-to-limit-the-fps-in-star-wars-battlefront-2/

Message 2 of 9 (13,867 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have a 240hz monitor but my fps can go up to 400 fps in some moments which produces tearing but in General I play around 280-300 fps using low settings , I used the same command that the article says:

gametime.maxvariablefps 230

I also tried capping at 50fps only to see if it works but nothing , the game accepts my command but there's no effect.

Message 3 of 9 (13,856 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can't you increase some graphics settings to make the FPS go lower than your refresh rate then? What kind of resolution are you running to get that kind of FPS in game anyway? Seems crazy high to me.

Message 4 of 9 (13,849 Views)

★★★★ Novice
That's something I don't want to do XD
I just wanted to get 230fps stable and stay there using gsync to get both blazing fast speed and unmatched smoothness. Even with Gsync big drops are noticeable , at higher settings my fps are jumping from 160fps to 240-260 and thats not good.

I am using 1920x1080p but everything in my pc is overclocked as much as it can be.

I had the same problem with BF1 , reseting my settings by deleting the save files from the documents solved this but in Battlefront ii just didn't....
Message 5 of 9 (13,842 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem.

I tried the commands and it accepts it as a valid Win32 Argument but the frames are still not capped.

Tried it on Battlefront 1 and it works.

Clearly the command is bugged on BF2. Hope they get it fixed as prefer ingame frame cap than using RTSS or other software.

Message 6 of 9 (13,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

There alot of stuff bugged in Star Wars Battlefront 2. I had a new latest HEDT X299 PC. So Star wars battelfront 2 will go here up to 200 fps. Its asking endless gpu usage, and when gpu usage hits 100% at my side, the game freezes and crashed to desktop. Only way to prevent this is to put v-sync on.

When i play battlefield 1 (same frostbite engine) i have no problems with 100% usage or crashing to desktop. 

This game (battlefront 2) is so buggy as hell.

Message 7 of 9 (13,562 Views)

★★ Novice

After severral month searching how to limit full GPU usage, here is my experience with the Origin PC version of the game and a Nvidia card :

- limiting framerate in the origin launcher does not work

- limiting framerate in the SWBF2 console does not work

- checking VSync in game options lmits your framerate to your monitor frequency (60 fps in my case).

- using Nvidia profile inspector allows you to set this value even lower (30 fps for example). Can be found here : https://nvidiaprofileinspector.com/

I'm happy to play this game without perpetual fan noise !

Cheers

Message 8 of 9 (12,844 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Use RTSS. FPS Limiter in graphics drivers like NV Control Panel are hurting CPU performance, the same goes to some FPS limiters in games.

Message 9 of 9 (378 Views)