account ID problems

by SF-Timo

Original Post

account ID problems

★★★ Newbie

i have trouble changing my name ..i wanted it to be Tim_Keen but it says "prohibited words or characters" ..as far as i know they can all be used and are not prohibited at all..please help me..thank you for answering

Message 1 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: account ID problems

Community Manager

@SF-Timo

You will just need to try different variations until one is accepted.

Let us know if nothing is being accepted, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (222 Views)

Re: account ID problems

★★★★ Guide

@SF-Timo Hey there,

Ok so this is actually a limitation of server problems. I think the _ is used as a query separator for the database table creating the issue.

SQL Generic Query: 

SELECT A,B,C,D,E, SUM(F) OVER (PARTITION BY X ORDER BY Y) * RANK() + A GIGANTIC EUGOGOLY OF SOMETHING ELSE, BLAH BLAH BLAH FROM A, B, C, (select...) temporary_D_even_though_it_doesn't_have_to_be_temporary_but_let's_just_call_it_temporary_for_now, (select...from..where..(select...from...where...select...)) x where x.field = temporary_D_even_though....field (+) and a.field = (select another_field from some_other_table where not exist...subquery) and x.field = a.field
group by a.second_field, b,d,xx,yy,zz,row_number() over(...), (xx/yy * 5 + a.field*sum(5) over()

Understand ALL the FROM clause first.
If you see in the above SQL, there is a main FROM clause, and subquery which must also contain FROM clauses.  Look at the base tables in all from clauses and understand what entities they are.  Even the inline views (basically FROM (select * from tmp where...) as table_1, read their FROM clause (which is tmp in this case).

I know if your not into I.T this will sound gibberish, it's basically the separator that your using as _ between two letters is reserved for table teams creating the issue.

Hope This helps, don't forget to solution offer your case if your happy with the explanation.

Grant XP to whoever you think has helped.

@EA_Barry I hope generic SQL code isn't against guidelines mate.

Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)