Re: The changing face of RR3

by DirkTeurAllround

Original Post

The changing face of RR3

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I must say, Ive only been playing this game for around 18 months. I have witnessed obvious changes in the game. FM keep moving the goal posts in the LTS's and Gauntlet in pursuit of peoples gold reserves and real world money.

I understand there are overheads and costs. But in the last 18 months, the costs and overheads couldn't have increased that much as the game becomes more popular and widely downloaded.

The Gauntlet was something that was achievable without having to splurge gold for completion. Now, if you do not upgrade the prize car extensively, you eventually cannot get past the very first boss challenge as you get closer to the prize. The "prize car"s now drive very differently to a year ago.

FM are writing their game code to force you to spend your gold and real world money to complete LTS and The Gauntlet.

As I have played this game, I have improved leaps and bounds in lap times...BUT, I now see that there is little skill needed in LTS/The Gauntlet, just willingness to buy overpriced gold packs to upgrade outrageously priced cars and upgrades.

The latest ETron series and current Gauntlet are a good indicator. How can such a low PR car cost so much to upgrade, when an equal PR car is 80% less to upgrade in normal events?

Firemonkeys, you are going to rue the day you set upon the road you have chosen. You may drive away some of the loyal, but you'll also alienate newcomers if you continue in your overt greed for real world money and gold coins. Let alone your complicity in OMP being a complete farce and a haven for cheats

Message 1 of 7 (637 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@HULK7WGX Hey mate,

Unfortunately you feel that way, I didn't.

So send me a personal message when it comes to the Gauntlet and i'll give you options on how to win.

One being everytime you start the game, clear Google Play Services history and cache.

Don't sign in, start the game and isn't that easier now... Gauntlet.

Message 2 of 7 (585 Views)

★ Guide

@LA1-naliot wrote:

@HULK7WGX Hey mate,

Unfortunately you feel that way, I didn't.

So send me a personal message when it comes to the Gauntlet and i'll give you options on how to win.

One being everytime you start the game, clear Google Play Services history and cache.

Don't sign in, start the game and isn't that easier now... Gauntlet.

Hay Mate,

Unfortunately, doing what you suggest has no effect on how the LTS and Gaunlet have clearly become a grab for precious gold.

I read what you had to say in another thread about "cost" for DEV Team. They dont "buy" anything, they get a "license" to use names of tracks, names of cars etc.

I also play another car game, where they may drop a license for a specific manufacturer-but still keep the car and call it something else. I assume they do that to reduce license costs.

I just don't agree with your supposition that FM's costs have increased in such a way.

FM have ostensibly become so driven to reap peoples hard earned gold and try force others to purchase obscenely priced gold packs to enjoy the game.

Since starting RR3, i cannot ignore the obvious changes implemented by FM to grab gold.

The fact that gold-per-view was reduced from 20 a day down to 5 is testimony to what I say about FM's growing greed

Message 3 of 7 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Aldo i do believe the story about the costs the developer's have to make to get the game to shape it's right now, i also see the greed that has grown to a irrational level.

In weekly time trial at Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps you can drive Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4, i didn't upgrade this car much because it wasn't needed at that moment .

I started upgrading now and was fully upgraded under 100.000 rs and 15 cold coins, in my opinion thus is a high end car to and still reasonable prized upgrades.

Glad to see Formula E has only 1 day left, i am not in to electric cars, if i want to go electric i will shove some batteries up my back.

I am a Petrolhead so give us petrol cars instead of these dinkytoys.

Annd if you ask me they could do with lesser cars like a new ford focus or something simular.

Message 4 of 7 (567 Views)

★★★★ Guide

5 is just the first slot you then get 10-15 Rs ads and then back to gold and so on and so forth.

Im not saying your wrong at all the costs have increased but we're ranting out at E.A.SPORTS to change something that is handled by fm.

This you may or may not believe but if the game was indeed from E.A.SPORTS the support would be from EA and the page for support as well.

But the tracks and cars what I said is a fact other games may have cars and change them around but fm buys the license and if the car isn't on that license they gotta pay more. I've been coding for a decade now and know this as a fact.

The other games if not free purchase the license to show case cars on any track.

Games that are free can add cars as they want but if it's to be close to the exact model of the game and the stats aren't correct they could get sued for misrepresentation 

Message 5 of 7 (557 Views)

★ Guide

@LA1-naliot wrote:

5 is just the first slot you then get 10-15 Rs ads and then back to gold and so on and so forth.

Im not saying your wrong at all the costs have increased but we're ranting out at E.A.SPORTS to change something that is handled by fm.

This you may or may not believe but if the game was indeed from E.A.SPORTS the support would be from EA and the page for support as well.

But the tracks and cars what I said is a fact other games may have cars and change them around but fm buys the license and if the car isn't on that license they gotta pay more. I've been coding for a decade now and know this as a fact.

The other games if not free purchase the license to show case cars on any track.

Games that are free can add cars as they want but if it's to be close to the exact model of the game and the stats aren't correct they could get sued for misrepresentation 

FM themselves claim they read this forum for RR3. I know FM aren't E.A Sports

If dropping 10-15 free gold a day isnt motivated to reduce free gold, I dont know what is. Now offering a puny 2K per-view replacing gold is rather transparent, IMHO

All FM need to do to reduce license costing is to create their own cars and give them there own names.

Drag Racing Car Edition have done this when dropping licenses. They kept the cars, and just renamed them.

The license is based on not just the track etc, but the use of the names.

Meh, I'll press on a little further, as Ive raked back 350 gold via the Electron series.

Cheers 

Message 6 of 7 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am just sick of the fact that there are older events in wich i can't do better than second place with a distance of almost 250 mtrs with 1e place, with a car thats fully upgraded pr 70 and a pr requirement of 69. The only way to beat this is by cutting last 2 corners of Silverstone and go straight true the grass, and pray i am back on the track before the AI comes out of the corner. The final times are changing between 2.19 and 2.31 but nomather how good and fast you corner and get past the blockade of AI's you still end up second.

I understand you have to do everything you can to win the race, but after about 30 something attempts it's getting ridiculous, and this is just 1 event because there are some more of these races you just can't  beat without a single cheat, even if i empty cache and turn of wifi it doesn't change a thing.

Message 7 of 7 (530 Views)