RealRacing3 Failure to service cars

by katskillny

Original Post

Accepted Solution

RealRacing3 Failure to service cars

★★★ Newbie

I use Kindle Fire to play RealRacing3. Recently, the game fails to service my cars even though I have clicked the service button..it will start to service but when I go back later, it still shows it needs service. I have lost many games because I ran out of time when the cars were not 're-serviced.  Very frustrating.  And it is impossible to actually contact the developer by email or reach anyone who can fix this problem.

Message 1 of 13 (4,299 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: RealRacing3 Failure to service cars

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @katskillny

I have the same problem playing RR3 on my Kindle Fire HD8.  The problem happens whether I am logged into the internet or not.

If I exit the game straight after choosing to service a car it more often than not has failed to service when I log back in.

To overcome this is to either leave the game loaded while the kindle times out or race another car before logging out.

The failure to service is frustrating but I have learnt ( most times! ) to overcome it.

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (5,501 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @katskillny

Have you tried to power cycle (turn it off and turn it on again) your device? Reinstalling the game might also help. As for contacting the Firemonkeys support, you can do it through this site here https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/categories/200051410-Real-Racing-3  by clicking the gray Technical Support button.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 13 (4,286 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @katskillny

I have the same problem playing RR3 on my Kindle Fire HD8.  The problem happens whether I am logged into the internet or not.

If I exit the game straight after choosing to service a car it more often than not has failed to service when I log back in.

To overcome this is to either leave the game loaded while the kindle times out or race another car before logging out.

The failure to service is frustrating but I have learnt ( most times! ) to overcome it.

Message 3 of 13 (5,502 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thank you @Diggerdarky 

For sharing your workaround with us here. I marked your post as an accepted solution for now. You might also want to raise this issue to Firemonkeys Studio. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 13 (4,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Diggerdarky,

thank you for your suggestions.  I will try racing another car before closing down the site...this never happened to me until recently when there was a new download to win a car.  It cost me the car and since then has cost me several other special events.  It was suggested that I uninstall and reinstall but that would mean losing everything and I've been playing this game for a few years.  Clearly, there is a bug that they need to fix since I played for years without anything like this.  If I find out any more, I will be sure to let you know.  Thanks again for reaching out...good luck and win lots of cars!  Best regards.

Message 5 of 13 (4,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Archi,

thank you for reaching out and your suggestions.  I have tried powering on and off with no luck but someone suggested I try racing with another car before exiting the site, so I will try that.  I cannot uninstall and then reinstall b/c that would mean losing everything and I've been playing this game for years!  It's only recently that this bug has appeared--when I downloaded some new racing assets this past summer--and the car wouldn't reservice--so I lost the chance to win the car--it's happened a number of times since--in fact, it just happened with the Audi R8 series.  I clicked to service the car and went back later and it never serviced.  This never happened until this summer.  Otherwise, it is a great game--the best of its kind out there.  I think the reason I could never contact anyone at EA was b/c I had never registered--I just played as a guest.  Now that I've registered, it should be easier.  Many thanks for all your help.  Best regards, KatskillNY

Message 6 of 13 (4,234 Views)

Hello @katskillny

You should not be afraid to loose your progress since this game supports Cloud save. https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/212703067-RR3-Cloud-Save-How-to-Backup-your-save-t.... So if you have backed up all your progress, uninstalling and installing the game, won`t ruin your progress.

How to restore your Cloud save https://help.firemonkeys.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/203145214-RR3-Cloud-Save-How-to-Restore-your-Save-...

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 13 (4,187 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi digger darky what you sugest to do i have the same problem with service my car what need to do ??

Message 8 of 13 (4,062 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi @Nikoshametaj

I'm not sure as this workaround has ALWAYS worked for me.

Don't be afraid to delete and reinstall the game.  Log into Facebook FIRST and cloudsave your progress.

I have had to reinstall stall every month for the last four months and it has always worked ok.

Once downloaded, log onto your Facebook with the RR3 app and it will ask you if you want to download your saved data.

Takes about 20 minutes but try this to solve the issue.

Best of luck.

Message 9 of 13 (4,034 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having problems with car servicing as well.  I pay for servicing the car but the next time I go to play, the servicing has not been done.  The second time I service, it takes place.

I am playing RR3, ver 5.1.0[H1245]

I am playing at the Expert and Master levels.

This has happened several times to several different cars.

Just last night, I raced the Porsche 919 RSR Concept on the Mount Panorama course.  I have not upgraded the Porsche completely so once around and the car goes below the critical service line. I pay for service, it starts servicing and I move on to another level, series, course and car to race for another 10 minutes.  I did not service any other cars.

This morning I opened the game and the Porsche was not serviced.

I have 3 mechanics.  Sometimes I am using more than one mechanic, sometimes I "Reduce by 30%" but that does not seem to make a difference to this bug.

Let me know if I can help in tracking down this bug.

Brian

Message 10 of 13 (3,954 Views)