Re: OMP cheaters now being banned

by HULK7WGX

Original Post

OMP cheaters now being banned

★ Guide

I can categorically say that FM are actively banning cheats in OMP. FM made yet another statement about this recently about TT team cheating and cheating in general. I reported one player using the time hack and sent a screen shot to FM. I also pointed out how I had been catching and reporting one particular cheat for over a month. Suffice to say, both cheats disappeared off the leader board yesterday.

They were both very high up in the top 10 players(read cheaters).

My faith in FM actively booting out cheaters is being somewhat restored in OMP. So I suggest, you get screenshots of the cheaters and send the report to FM directly. There's no naming and shaming here, which is kinda sad really. The ONE thing cheaters universally hate is, being caught and exposed to be a cheat.

Cheaters get what they deserve. If it were up to someone like me, I'd have a specific discussion thread dedicated to exposing cheaters in the game

Message 1 of 9 (1,856 Views)

★ Guide

Part of the problem is, FM dont review or monitor final results in OMP.

My experience is-  the cheaters ramp up the cheating in the final days of the challenge to try fly under FM's radar.

I still fail to understand why FM do not actively review final results in OMP. Especially since once upon a time the prize winners were winning with rank under 1300.

Whereas now, 1300 wont even get you into the top ten.

FM claim to be doing something about the cheaters in OMP. but only act on reports sent by other racers.

From my perspective, that is just B.S because such cheating in OMP does not effect the "business model" of FM.

FM are ruthless with the Gold/R$ hack, but seem to sit on their hands with regard to the overt time hack attacking it's clients/servers

Other DEV's in similar platforms ostensibly have script that can easily detect impossible times.

But yet, years on - FM keep claiming the implementation of "procedures" that clearly  fail or are non existent.

Until FM address the cheating issue at its core, OMP will remain just a way to waste time.----As opposed to something to compete for

Research has shown me that the OMP cheating is years old and FM seem to refuse to adequately address how the same roster of cheaters steal the gold week in week out

Message 2 of 9 (1,781 Views)

★ Apprentice

If it's anything like WTT, the problem is they remove the times (occasionally) but take absolutely no action against the players.
Same GG cheats appear week in week out on WTT.

Cracking one on Stage 1 right now, turned his grip all the way up to 11 on his One:1

If they remove times from cheats & hackers, why don't they ban them? Not just suspend them, ban them, permanently.

Message 3 of 9 (1,769 Views)

★ Guide

Well, FM have ostensibly allowed a proven cheat to again race in OMP with their cheating to steal gold.

Quickly becoming tired of FM's willingness to take no firm action in OMP

Message 4 of 9 (1,690 Views)

★★★ Newbie
lt has been my experience of long time gaming (20 years now) that some cheating and the hacks they sell, are from the programmers or in game moderators. Some complaining helps as do screen shots but if there is no real unity among gamers the machine will continue to roll.
Message 5 of 9 (1,564 Views)

★ Guide

@HUGEnobody wrote:
lt has been my experience of long time gaming (20 years now) that some cheating and the hacks they sell, are from the programmers or in game moderators.

@HUGEnobody

I am inclined to agree with you on this, simply because the same reported cheats continue to cheat even after being exposed. The OMP cheat utilizes the 2 second delay that becomes evident after you watch your actual completed time at the end of the race becomes 2 seconds slower after the results are shown

That is how the cheat time hack works. I takes the final 2 second delay at the finish and allows the cheat a 2 second head start.

OMP is a joke along with the points system that favors cheaters. What car racing event penalizes you for finishing second or third, or gives you ZERO for winning

Hopeless FM. Youve claimed to be fixing the whole problem since the 2.5 update and we are now past 5.0 with the same issues.

Message 6 of 9 (1,542 Views)

Firemonkeys allow OMP cheating

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There is no other explanation for something FM have known about for a couple of years and still do nothing.

A hot topic a year or so ago was the "ghost" effect of some racers always winning. FM swore black and blue it wasnt a cheat issue and was a connection issue. Now, seldom do you see a "ghost" and if you do it isnt a winner.

So, all of a sudden all racers simultaneously had their dodgy wifi fixed? Yeah, believe that and you'll believe FM care about the cheating that doesnt include R$/Gold hacking.

FM come down on the cash/gold hack, but ostensibly do nothing about the OMP cheats now accumulating 1500+ every week.

According to FM's stated ranking/scoring models--to get to 1500 you would have to be racing and beating those with equal rank(or close to) time and time again.

FM client/servers have a 2 second lag in its "time shifted multiplayer' that enables cheating.

FM knows this, but because such cheating has little effect(unlike R$/Gold hacking) on the business model for FM that seems to be making flaky videos to pat themselves on the back.

RealRacing3 has a real enemy in all this. Ironically, the biggest danger to RR3 failure is Firemonkeys greed itself

Message 7 of 9 (1,260 Views)

Re: Firemonkeys allow OMP cheating

★★★ Newbie

nowadays I never play in any of the tournaments! I got fed up watching cars zoom past me at incredible speed to win, and my car, was same as theirs and i had paid good gold to upgrade completely!! total *!! They just dont care as long as their money keeps rolling in from all the new mugs that join.

Message 8 of 9 (1,180 Views)

RR3-6.0 still nothing done about cheats

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yes, those video's are slick and the fluff in them is nice, but what is being done about the obvious OMP cheating?

FM keep Updating the OMP FAQ, yet the cheating has become overt/obvious since 2.6

The latest updated FAQ was 1 day ago.

Nothing has changed

• Players can now be disqualified for poor behavior (see below)-(how can that be when FM make their own A.I cheat and drive hucksters)
  • Improved matchmaking algorithms-(clearly not true. Overall winners ranks demonstrate this alone. Rarely racing those with more than 100 higher)
  • Post-race matchmaking - Empty grid slots post-race will now be filled by other players( Waiting times of 75 sec's is ridiculous since there's a 2 sec time shift in OMP)
  • Players on the same IP Address (I.e. WiFi Access Point) will now be matchmade together( I don't play on a network, could be correct)
  • Slipstreaming - Keep close behind your opponent to gain a speed boost to help overtake other racers(complete fantasy unless in Nascar.

After much research and digging, I have found exactly what is being used by players with insane acceleration(along with what gives you insane LVL up abilities to farm gold/R$.

The OMP/crazy speeds and times in events is attributed to FM's "time shifted" system. They already know how to stop cars with crazy 0-60 in all leagues.

How can a  C league/Amateur Series  car fully upgraded with a 0-60 of 4.80 racing around with a 0-60 of 1.99 not be easily detected already?

Answer

FM are unwilling due to their own failure to address an issue they admit isnt new.

It doesnt take a "DEV" to know that the current OMP system is simply there for cheats to farm gold.

According to FM and since 2.6, there are "improved matchmaking algorithms" .

Currently, you can get ZERO for being 1st. Lose points for 2nd. Re-matched multiple times to a single racer etc etc

Look at the OMP leader boards. Such rank can only go up if you have equal or better rank against you time and time again. When your cheat means your car can accelerate 0-60 in 1.99-you cannot lose unless you race another cheat with the same 0-60 as you or faster.

The thing is, the cheat being used will make any car do 0-60 in .01. The cheats are starting to see the spreading of their cheat to others and are now trying to fly under the radar.

From when I started playing this game, OMP 1st place took around 1250 rank.

Now it is as high as 1700.

From my perspective, that shows just how many people FM are allowing to cheat in OMP now. I dont know about team events, as I play solo.

I'm not prepard to "r00t" my new android. Im still trying to get all my game data out of that stinking "Cloud"

PROTIP:

Save your game data to 2 devices, as FM's "cloud" has the ability to completely lose your save, give you an old save or even force a reinstall of the game. I put those things down the FM wanting us to all have to start again and spend real world money.

Message 9 of 9 (1,188 Views)