My Thoughts on Real Racing 3 for iOS

by Ti570

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Thoughts on Real Racing 3 for iOS

★★★★★ Newbie

This is what I had originally planned to post on the iTunes app store, however, since for some odd reason it hasn't uploaded ill just post it here. 

Great Job Overall: However there is room for improvement

This game in my opinion is worthy of the "Essentials" mark from the editors. It's fast, accurate, and very fun. Unfortunately, like actual race cars, there is always ways that you can improve upon. Whether its using a softer compound, or giving the car less downforce, but there is always a way to go faster and get better. As for Real Racing 3, it's already going at breakneck speed, but I feel that there are ways which could make it go supersonic. Below is what feel could potentially make that happen. Keep in mind that all of this is purely my opinion about this game. For those wanting to know about  

1. The concept of all the exotic cars costing outrageous amounts of gold needs to stop.

In my opinion, there should be two, methods of acquiring all cars in this game as well as future additions. First off, make all cars cost R$, but then hit us up with a buy it now option in gold. This will at least give players who do not want to make in app purchases have a moderate shot of acquiring cars which are difficult to obtain as now those who are rushing, can pay real money for more gold, or take the longer road and earn R$ though winning events in the game. Same would apply to upgrades. If a single upgrade cost 5,000 Gold, them there should always be an option to pay for it in whatever the equivalent amount of Gold would be in R$.

2. There should be a free play or test day mode

Those at EA who are old enough might have a bit of nostalgia, but what I’m getting at comes from the days of F1 2001, F1 2002, and F1 Challenge 1999-2002. In games such as these, there was a mode known as “test day” What it did was allowed you to pick any vehicle and track that you had unlocked and simply drive the circuit for as long as you wanted. No maintenance, no opponents, no rules, no nothing. Just you, the car, and the track, that was it. If something like this could be integrated into this game in a future update, I assure you I will be hooked for life on this game. Also would maybe make use of the pit lanes on the tracks potentially.

3. The F14T? Ferrari nonetheless, but there have been more successful Ferrari F1 cars than this one.

All I will say is this, Michael Schumacher’s 2004 Ferrari F1 car. If anything describes a formula one car, this is it. Even in the real world many circuits in this game have lap times set by this car that have not been beaten to this day. Moreover, compared to a 1.6 Liter V6 turbo, this one has a 3.0 Liter V10 which makes music not vacuum cleaner sounds. 

4. If you could put Lemans into this game, you can certainly give us the old Hockenheim from 2001.     

Given the fact that this is a tablet/ phone based game, I am impressed that you guys gave us lemans, especially at the level of graphics quality that comes with it. However, after doing some events on the Silverstone layout from 2009, I feel that the same could be do to Hockenheim. I honestly feel that this circuit deserves to have it’s old configuration in this game as well. Considering that the Ferrari 412 T2 which is already in this game actually raced on the old Hockenheim circuit. I’m not suggesting that this should happen, but I have a feeling that some gamers who have done racing sims, whether it be Formula one or not, would enjoy such circuit. One last note, would be to please just added the GP configuration to brands hatch, that shouldn’t be to hard to do.

Yet overall, I want to say that both Electronic Arts and Firemonkey have done an mazing job with this game and I cannot wait to see what you guys create in the future.  

It will not bother me if people take this with a grain of salt. So if someone feels otherwise, I'm alright with that. Also I'm new to the forum.

Message 1 of 2 (442 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Thoughts on Real Racing 3 for iOS

★★★★ Guide

@Ti570

1. The concept of all the exotic cars costing outrageous amounts of gold needs to stop. : being worked upon, don't forget to login on the 8th of May for an extremely good free surprise that'll help you earn an easy peasy 300 GOLD. 

2. There should be a free play or test day mode : Was thought of being implemented, actually was until people started finding way's to cheat and hack the game so although added within the track, was stopped later.

3. The F14T? Ferrari nonetheless, but there have been more successful Ferrari F1 cars than this one.

I do agree, it was just the most successful Ferrari that helped em win 7 Championships continously hence was added as a tribute. 

4. If you could put Lemans into this game, you can certainly give us the old Hockenheim from 2001.     

This my friend is a really good suggestion and since E.A. has the license to the F1 track it's quite possible, I'll help pass on your feedback.

BDW the way you've posted mate, is what's expected on this forum. I know I can give you just one xp however I think it's your way of writing that helped create a Community, cheers.

I really hope this helps, raising my glass to you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (430 Views)

All Replies

Re: My Thoughts on Real Racing 3 for iOS

★★★★ Guide

@Ti570

1. The concept of all the exotic cars costing outrageous amounts of gold needs to stop. : being worked upon, don't forget to login on the 8th of May for an extremely good free surprise that'll help you earn an easy peasy 300 GOLD. 

2. There should be a free play or test day mode : Was thought of being implemented, actually was until people started finding way's to cheat and hack the game so although added within the track, was stopped later.

I do agree, it was just the most successful Ferrari that helped em win 7 Championships continously hence was added as a tribute. 

This my friend is a really good suggestion and since E.A. has the license to the F1 track it's quite possible, I'll help pass on your feedback.

BDW the way you've posted mate, is what's expected on this forum. I know I can give you just one xp however I think it's your way of writing that helped create a Community, cheers.

I really hope this helps, raising my glass to you.

Message 2 of 2 (431 Views)