Re: Multiplayer - jumping cars, unwanted collisions and the resulting penalties

by desrocdenis9

Original Post

Multiplayer - jumping cars, unwanted collisions and the resulting penalties

★★★ Newbie

Hello There, during a race against other live players, I noticed that the other cars are jumping around and sometimes showing up just in front of me and then I drive into them (and I nearly get stopped completely), I can see the damage on my car (the bonnet lifted), so there was a touch between our cars. I didn't mean to drive into the other player, because this will slow me down.
I wouldn't be driving into them, if I would be given a chance to drive around them. But since they just show up, there is no chance. I recommend and suggest that you should think about some kind of collision detection system, that would calculate when one of the two cars have a network lag and needs to sync, that it would place the car around the area were it should be but not in front of a car that is already on the track and has no lag. it would be great if the car would be placed on the race track should a have min. Distance between other cars, which are already on the race track, so that if it shows up next to a car, while driving a corner, that the car showing up is not able to push the other car out of the way.
Another thing is, that it should differentiate between someone trying to cut a corner short, or being pushed out (e.g. A car placed next to you and pushing you out of the track). My suggestion is, that the slow down penalty is only going to apply, if there was no touch from another car involved on the opposite side of the corner after the penalty was applied. If there was no touch before, then the penalty is valid.

Message 1 of 3 (502 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@tharuntar Been one  of the oldest players mate.

Trust me stop playing the Multiplayer it's pointless, boring and i'm already bored talking about it.

No disrespect.

Message 2 of 3 (444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bonjour, je ne comprends pas comment les développeurs du jeu ne peuvent pas radier tous ces tricheurs 

Ta meilleure voiture ce fais griller au démarrage par plus petite du lot, comment une r8 peut griller un viper 

Message 3 of 3 (406 Views)