Re: How to correctly slipstream/ draft in RR3 Online Multiplayer

by HULK7WGX

Original Post

How to correctly slipstream/ draft in RR3 Online Multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Slipstreaming (drafting) could be a great part of the game and should be utilised in all events (not just Nascar). The problem is it does not work well in Online Multiplayer. The behaviour is different and can be very erratic. What is actually going on?

When I try , the car in front suddenly reverses into me repeatedly (with no brake lights) then shoots forward or it spins off the track without me touching it? I understand there are latency issues and I applaud FM for trying to making online multiplayer work at all - but it has been around for some time now and I was hoping to see an improvement or at least some kind of explanation re. physics and slipstreaming.

At present, the experience is far from real (i.e. cars oversteering towards the apex and then off the INSIDE of the track - going completely against the laws of physics). if it is an issue with poor connections, then please stop people from trying to play over a 3G mobile connection. I would rather play against one realistic opponent than ten completely erratic opponents who fly above the track, drop from the sky onto my roof, perform impossible manoeuvres and reverse into me repeatedly from 200mph to -200mph and then back to 200mph in a split second.

Can anyone share any advice or a video on how to slipstream correctly in Online Multiplayer?

Message 1 of 2 (1,829 Views)

Re: How to correctly slipstream/ draft in RR3 Online Multiplayer

★ Guide

OMP is "time-shifted" which means 1st across the line doesn't mean you will get 1st. The fastest lap times dictate the positions by the FM servers. The cars dropping out of the sky is symptomatic of servers being inconsistent.

I have many times finished 1st, but not awarded 1st and also finished 2nd or 3rd but been awarded 1st.

OMP is a basket case, simply because there is either an exploit with the timing system or a time-shift hack.

Too many times are we racing others with well below our rank, racing against 1 or 2 others.

Since FM use it's "time-shifted" process, then collisions need to be removed from the equation.

Way too many hucksters stop in front of you to halt your progress, barge you into corners running you off track and well known short-cuts that do not get the reduced speed from cutting corners.

Message 2 of 2 (1,798 Views)