Firemonkeys-Why so Greedy for our Gold?

by HULK7WGX

Original Post

Firemonkeys-Why so Greedy for our Gold?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Path of Defiance is yet another demonstration of FM's grab for gold and try force gamers to spend real world money. The upgrades for the Mazda are insanely expensive. With 3 days left I've spent close to 300 gold or more on upgrades for a car/event that will not return 10% of what was spent in the long run. Even FM's gold packages cannot match the requirements of upgrading the Mazda from 4/6 in engine and drive train

If that's not bad enough, FM continue to write  script for it's A.I to make their only purpose to either slow you down or run you off the track.

FM really need to change its name to "Our Interpretation of Racing" instead of "Real Racing"

In "real racing", you'd get a black flag for such actions committed by A.I cars trying to P.I.T maneuver you at every chance. You wouldnt be penalized because you keep being pitted against hucksters etc with less than half of your own rating in OMP.

Seriously FM, you will rue the day you went the wao of other games that only regretted their choice to ignore loyalty over greed.

P.S. Bring back Notorious B.I.G's video views. I  enjoyed unlimited repairs last weekend.

Obviously it was a glitch and FM worked hard to shut it down ASAP because it effected their ability to molest real wold money out of players

Message 1 of 9 (2,139 Views)

Re: Firemonkeys-Why so Greedy for our Gold?

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

They aren't making the cars specially aggressive, that IA's been in the game from the very beginning and they don't wanna change it as it would "affect the game as we know it". Many players complain about that, so I agree with you they should change it.

They did the opposite with NASCAR where they specifically programmed the IA to avoid you like they would in a real race. Why not apply the same IA to all the races? Why not add drafting to all the races too (and make it more realistic)?

About the gold, you're getting a car worth much more than what you're paying for but the upgrades are still too expensive. Players earning top gold with a lot of dedication and skill can complete the events in time, but I feel sorry for the new players. This again has not changed since the very beginning, and is a very common complain of this whole freemium business model. I want more ways to earn gold as teams sucks, multiplayer is implayable, WTTT is unreachable and series suck more gold than they give. All we have is boring 10lappers or unreachable endurance races to keep the gold flowing (which are fine by the way, but we need more variety). Fix those things first!

Message 2 of 9 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@FAQUE3

FM have already stated that they made A.I "more aggressive". Problem was a couple of updates back, FM had to wind back said "aggressive A.I" simply because the A.I aggression was such, that unless you were quite good at the game, you could not deal with said "aggressive A.I"

Such "aggression" isnt "real racing". Nor is the fact OMP  ratings are beyond being a joke.

How is it "real racing" where a racer gets ZERO for finishing first due to his opponents ranking?

Sorry, but after playing this game for just over a year it has become undeniable that FM hobble racers at every chance in its LTS/Gauntlet.

I can go around bends at 90m/p/h in my Lambo in a normal event, but in the current Lambo  LTS I cant even go around the same bend at 60 m/p/h without going off track.

FM keep upping the ante in LTS with minimum PR requirements that is forcing people to purchase upgrades that are not needed in the long run.

FM still do not see the exodus of players due to their overt greed.

Yes, I have a complete understanding of a "business model" What FM seem to ignore is customer satisfaction. The latter will eventually crush RR3 in real terms

Message 3 of 9 (2,080 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Firemonkeys only made a statement about aggressive IA when the first NASCAR release came out. Bots in that particular update would literally just push you out of the track in NASCAR races. They ultimately fixed that, so bots in NASCAR races behave like real NASCAR drivers would, avoiding any accident. This isn't true for all the races outside of NASCAR.

Bots behaviour in non-NASCAR races hasn't changed a bit, IA has always been this aggressive even in limited time events. As you said, this behaviour isn't something you would see in a real race, so it really needs to change, but it's always been like this.

With every update they've been pushing players to spend more gold, it's always been among the top complains for the game, or any game with the same business model. However, if you've been playing for a year you can overcome this by reaching the top rewarding races, which is my current goal. I'm talking about Le Mans races, specially with the McLaren MP4-X endurance race. I do believe top players will have an easy time gathering a lot of gold with this type of races, my real concern would be the new ones.

Message 4 of 9 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The daft thing is if they made gold more afordabe more people would buy some currently i only need cars that cost 700 gold +, this would cost me £100 plus another €100 for upgrades, so £1,000 for 5 car, same cost as a PS4 and steering wheel.

If they do 10,000 gold pagake for £10 at least 1m people would buy it. A make more than the £1000 only a few can afford.

Message 5 of 9 (2,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

What the hell is a mock drag race. This race is pushing to spend more gold for upgrade. The cost of upgrade and the sell prize is equal, for rewards of the car at the end of event.

Message 6 of 9 (2,016 Views)

★ Guide

@FAQUE3 wrote:

Firemonkeys only made a statement about aggressive IA when the first NASCAR release came out.

Actually, you must have been on a sabbatical, as FM had already acknowledged how wrong they got it with the A.I "aggression"  in a recent McLaren challenge. It was that bad FM gifted people a car.

Again, RR3 is about as far away as it gets in REAL RACING due to ridiculous LTS challenges and overtly aggressive bots in LTS's and events in general.

Think about it. When you are doing Endurance, as the car you pass doesnt completely disappear, it continues on to fade out and still can effect your run even as it fades out.

Message 7 of 9 (2,000 Views)

★ Guide

@myokyawhtaik

Oh, that's when you start in 4th and are forced to bump up PR you will only need in that "mock drag Race"

Welcome to not so "real racing"

It's all about greed now

Message 8 of 9 (1,998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is FM ever going to reply about why is gold so expensive? Like that other guy said if you lower the prices more people would buy and everyone would be happy as most people refuse to spend $100 bucks for 1 car and a few upgrades. Then you only get to use that car for a couple series. When you can buy a new laptop for the price of a few fully upgraded cars the greed is at max. I would like to buy some gold to support the project but heck I can go buy a ps4 and grand turismo for less than the cost of a few cars in RR3.

Message 9 of 9 (1,725 Views)