Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Banned for one year from battle log for posting something I did not know was bad ?

by mauriceegibb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned for one year from battle log for posting something I did not know was bad ?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Is there a way to be unbanned from battle log?   I posted a message I received on the PSN from somebody asking what it meaned.  I had no idea it was bad.  I've never had a single problem before on battle log and I use it all the time.  Is there a way I can be unbanned?

I didn't have a warning or anything, and what I posted was not bad (now I see it was some what bad).    Please unban me so I can access battle log

I of course learned NOT to post things asking if they are bad, and I should research them in other places. I will not post anything like that again.

Message 1 of 39 (5,160 Views)

Re: Banned for one year from battle log for posting something I did not know was bad ?

★★★★★ Novice

Now the two other members of my platoon have been banned as well, and the platoon has been disabled! 

The other people don't even post on battlelog!

This is our 3 vs 3 fragged nation platoon and accounts!! 

Please help!

Message 2 of 39 (5,149 Views)

Re: Banned for one year from battle log for posting something I did not know was bad ?

Hero

You might want to contact EA at: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
You will have to fill out product, category and platform first. If live chat does not appear, it might be closed in your area at the moment and you might consider changing it to "United States" in the language selector in the bottom for a better result.

Please accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.

Cheers
-Carbonic

Message 3 of 39 (5,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Celebrity impersonation is not OK on Battlelog. Also, your question was obvious trolling, which compacted the ban.

I'll link you to your thread on Battlelog just so we're clear of no ambiguity: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/en/forum/threadview/2832654348466734617

Message 4 of 39 (5,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm sorry, but I've never heard the term "bag of dicks" one tme in my complete life.  I guess my lack of pop culture had a negative consequence here.

Using the name of a dead celebrity is not allowed on the EA forums?   I"VE HAD THIS ACCOUNT FOR 6 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my one month on battle log I've seen Clint Eastwood, Barack Obama, George Bush,  even HelenKeller...

I have had the PSN name of MAURICE_E_GIBB for 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've been a COD player forever, this was my first attempt at playing Battlefield, which is a super fun game.   I'm sorry that my PSN name is not allowed on EA.  That is absolutely ludicrous.

And I'm banned without warning for asking what a bag of dicks are.   I honestly was thinking they were circus peanuts, or the like which is why I asked in the first place.  A warning, or a week or a day ban would have been suffiicent and I would have realized that I should research stuff that may be bad prior to posting it.  yes, it was my fault that I posted that, and I should NOT have now knowing what a bag of dicks actually is.

That forum is covered in filth, and gay bashing.  Non-stop words of "**bleep**got" and [Comment Removed - Admin.] which is EXTREMELY offensive to many, yet I'm kicked for using the name of a guy who died ten years ago..

I'm actually surprised how you are handling this..    I this lesson in trying out EA games was a quick waste of $110.

I can't believe Sony allows my PSN name, but EA doesn't.  How the hell am I supposed to use battlelog then??   You can't change your sony name as far as I know.

Message 5 of 39 (5,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

On a side note,  I did a search for "f a g g o t" on battlelog. Something I find EXTREMELY offensive.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/search/0/?q=f*aggot

I found 1728 posts with that term in it from the LAST 30 DAYS!

I clicked on 20 different accounts and EVERY SINGLE ONE WAS ACTIVE...

However,  I'm banned because of my 6 year old PSN account is the name of a celebrity?    I never understood why EA had the reputation it does until now.

This is an HONEST question.  How was I supposed to use battlelog because my PSN name is registered to something that inherently is banned by EA?

I just checked, I registered this PSN account on november 21st, 2006.. So it is just over 6 years old.

Message 6 of 39 (5,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why did I get banned? I didnt even post anything or "troll". As far as the celbrity impersination....I didnt know that was a bannable offense....We can easily change our EA names

Message 7 of 39 (5,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I cannot believe you were banned and barry as well.

absolutely insane.

If we are banned for our PSN names, how can EA sell a product that has seperate rules? When we purchased the game we did not receive a list of banned names to check before we could figure out if we could use the product.

THE PROPER WAY to handle this situation as a moderator is to TELL US HOW TO CHANGE OUR NAMES so we can use the product we purchased!  I've googled it and I can't find a single way to change your PSN name unless you are in Japan, which I am not.    

This is crazy. 

Message 8 of 39 (5,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, so let me get this straight, EA_Kennedy:

You ban us for Maurice saying something bad, (which was apologised for) then you come back after the fact and say that our PSN ID is invalid according to your ToS? What about all the other people with the same names as other well-known people? Until you get an official complaint from one of these people or the entities that run their estate, (two of which have passed away) you really don't have a case for doing this. 

However, considering the company we are dealing with here, I am not surprised. People can kick or ban us nonstop from their servers just because we beat them or used a weapon they don't like - even when it is clearly against the Code of Conduct for private server. Your company has taken zero visible action against any misuse of admin priveleges, even though it undermines your own schemes for selling quick unlocks for various classes and vehicles. 

Message 9 of 39 (5,032 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any help here?

Message 10 of 39 (5,023 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

You might want to contact EA at: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
You will have to fill out product, category and platform first. If live chat does not appear, it might be closed in your area at the moment and you might consider changing it to "United States" in the language selector in the bottom for a better result.

Please accept the solution if it's correct and press the XP button if somebody helped you.

Cheers
-Carbonic