Re: game will not update and run

by HamilBrian

Original Post

game will not update and run

★★ Novice
Fix the problem, right now. This is stupid, I've had the game for 2 months and it still will not work. I've cleared the cache, reinstalled, called customer service and done everything short of throwing my xbox out the window. Fix the problem or you will lose a customer for life. I'm not kidding, I work too hard to spend my money on things that don't work. FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 13 (594 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sorry, did you ever post before or put in a help ticket?  Without more information Im not sure what is going on.  

Is this Xbox One or 360?

After installing the update, reboot the console.  If you are on Xbox one, dont play in the demo level that appears when you install, just leave it as it seems to sometimes bug out on people.

Do you have Xbox Live gold?

Message 2 of 13 (580 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Long shot, but do you have your account restricted preventing access to the Xbox Live store? I believe many child accounts have this disabled, so they're unable to access the store for DLC.

The DLC needs to access the store as it's downloaded through the Xbox Live Marketplace even though it doesn't cost anything.

Message 3 of 13 (570 Views)

★★ Novice
I have an xbox 360, I have gold, it's my account so there are no parental restrictions. It tells me to download the dlc, I download it, it installs, and still tells me I need the dlc to play it
Message 4 of 13 (565 Views)

★★ Novice
Also, I have already submitted a trouble ticket, as I said in the original post, I've already contacted customer service, they were useless.
Message 5 of 13 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

After completing the download do you reboot your console?

Message 6 of 13 (555 Views)

★★ Novice
Of course, just tried uninstalling, clearing the cache and reinstalling again, still doesn't work
Message 7 of 13 (552 Views)

★★ Novice
This was the forth time
Message 8 of 13 (551 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Have you tried downloading directly from the store? Its really hard to trouble shoot when there aren't any error messages or anything.

Message 9 of 13 (547 Views)

★★ Novice
It's downloaded from the marketplace, it should work, period. But it doesn't.
Message 10 of 13 (537 Views)