can child account play garden warfare online?

by Bookety

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can child account play garden warfare online?

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I recently bought PVZ:GW on the Xbox One. I can play it fine, as can my parents, as we all have adult accounts. However, when my brothers try to play it - both with child accounts, and origins accounts created through my parents' email address - they get an error message saying they need an Xbox Live account to play. They can play other games online just fine, and there are no problems with the multiplayer connection on the Xbox. They both have Origins accounts now, so the previous solution is not working. Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem?

Message 1 of 6 (763 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can child account play garden warfare online?

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I got it sorted. Standard smile Turns out Xbox One's parental controls prevent anyone on the child settings playing online multiplayer games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (750 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

You should contact Customer Service and have them check the Origin account.  What age was the account set for?  

Contact help here: http://help.ea.com/en/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/

Message 2 of 6 (743 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks, I got it sorted. Standard smile Turns out Xbox One's parental controls prevent anyone on the child settings playing online multiplayer games.

Message 3 of 6 (751 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Ah, glad to hear you got it working!

Message 4 of 6 (712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can someone actually post the solution?  How is this helpful?!?!

Message 5 of 6 (615 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue. "Children can't play online" is not a solution to a online only game rated E10+.
Message 6 of 6 (549 Views)