Why Does EA Torture Paying Customers?

by azyotes

Original Post

Why Does EA Torture Paying Customers?

★★ Newbie

Next time my child or I want an EA game I'm going to think long and hard before agreeing to buy it.  We've been a log time player of Sim City and other titles on our PC and dealt with Origin periodically forgetting the user ID and having to put it back in.   Now we've just bought Plants Vs. Zombies for XBox and had to go through the pain of figuring out from on-line help that we have to link our XBox ID.

Whoever you have working for you in UX should be fired.   If you were a bank gaurding my money I might understand the extreme security measure, but even then the complicated workflows and setup to get a fricking game runing are total over kill, especially when you have kids playing games whoe always seems to get blocked out while I'm not a home to fix for them.

Plants vs. Zombies was the latest afront.  We had purchased and downloaded to XBox.  Was prompted to enter an e-mail and password to create an Orgin account.   No place to say you already have an account, but I figured I would enter same account info as on-line PC orgin account.   Instead of being allowed to either provide and existing account or be told by the program I had to link accounts by signing from PC, the game simply said it was an invalid e-mail or password.

After 20 minutes of screwing around and looking on-line I finally got the accounts linked, only to go back to the new game to find the orignal download required an update before I could continue.   Now we waiting again for another 1.6 GB download before we can  play when the original purchase download should have already been the latest version.  Again bad user experience and your UX people should be fired because it makes me not want to go through the hastle of buying EA games, no matter how good they are. 

Message 1 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: Why Does EA Torture Paying Customers?

Community Manager (retired)

I am a little confused.  You don't need to link your Xbox to PC or PC to Xbox...you need an Origin ID though which you can use for all the EA Origin titles.  So your SimCiry Origin ID should work.

As for updates, the game has had a lot of great DLC and we have made this free for everyone in the community.  it contains new game modes, maps and character customizations/character variants. 

I hope once you get it all installed you guys have a fun time playing.  For future reference, if you have trouble with the game/origin etc please put in a ticket here for help http://help.ea.com/en/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/

Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: Why Does EA Torture Paying Customers?

Hero (Retired)

The update is all four of the free DLC packs, nothing to be up in arms about. 

Message 3 of 3 (272 Views)