Party matchmaking issues, XBOX 360

by FatalGrief

Original Post

Party matchmaking issues, XBOX 360

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The "Party Matchmaking" feature really does need some work. I can only hope that it isn't finished yet.  A lot of times, your friends are on the other team when they join the game. Most of the time they can swap teams, but this isn't always possible. Now this wouldn't be such a problem if you only had to do it the once, but at the start of every single session the game randomly litters the party between the two teams, forcing the party to mess about trying to all get on the same side, when the game is already underway. The more people in the party, the worse it is. To have do this every single game is a pain-staking, frustrating chore. Also, if you try to join a pre-game lobby which your friends are already in, you get an error message stating that you cannot join because the game is not in the correct state, yet there are spaces & other players are joining & leaving freely. You cannot join until the game starts. Why does the XBOX 360 indicate that you can join the session, but PVZ GW won't allow it? Please tell me that you intend to improve matchmaking & that it is not going to be left in this shoddy state.

Message 1 of 6 (878 Views)

Re: Party matchmaking issues, XBOX 360

★★★★★ Pro

All players are unable to join when the game lobby is at the end of round leaderboards but they're able to leave as they please.

Message 2 of 6 (873 Views)

★ Guide
Why can't they? Other games of this type manage this simple task with ease. Also, if they cannot join, why does it allow you to "join session in progress" on the 360 interface, but the game doesn't allow it? What about all the other issues I raised? Are we to assume from your silence concerning those that matchmaking is to be left in this state? There are yet more issues with the game. You search for a game of Gnome Bomb, & you get put on Crash Course alone, with the message "Waiting for players". No player ever arrives. This happens again & again. Other game modes are fine. Are we to believe that only one player in the world wishes to play Gnome Bomb? Or is it that hundreds of players are alone in their own game, waiting for players that will never arrive? Gardens & Graveyards - You are midway through a game, & respawn, only to find that you are invisible & cannot do anything except move around & be vanquished. So you die & respawn again. With the same result. Over & over. The only way out is to quit the game, & when you do, you are presented with a black loading screen, which never goes away. So you have to dashboard. Another one with G&G. You respawn, but the map does not load correctly, with mis-placed textures everywhere. You cannot see where you are going. Was this game not play-tested?
Message 3 of 6 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

I was just clarifying why you weren't able to join at that point. I dont have answers to your other points; but I'm not sure what you want me to say, this is a community help site.

Message 4 of 6 (859 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had all the same issues as you and so has many other people on a daily basis yet they remain mute on the situation. I wish I could say I was exaggerating but most days the game is unplayable due to the texture issues, invisible glitch and numerous other game breaking glitches. Just the other day I was a foot soldier in a really laggy game, I had infinite zpg and infinite ammo till I died. When I respawned I was stuck in the ground for a while till I got cut from the server, I didn't lose anything (or keep my coins from the match) but all my challenges that I did in that match were back to what they were before I entered the match. Some honest communication would be nice

Message 5 of 6 (858 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the reply. Confusedmileyhappy: I suppose you have also been siffering from the severe lag or "rubber banding" which has been present for the last two days, making the game unplayable. It would be nice to have someone from Popcap on here to speak about these issues, seeming as the official PVZ EA help sends you here for support & help, but the help here is limited to the community & fellow players, not the developers. I suspect it's a case of "we've got your money, now go away", much like Bethesda promising to continue to support Skyrim, then abandoning it leaving it full of bugs. For that reason I decided to never give Bethesda another penny of my money, & I will not hesitate to do the same with Popcap should they treat their customers with the same contempt. It is a shame that companies such as these spoil their great games with unpatched bugs.

Message 6 of 6 (848 Views)