PVZ GW lag

by BPpro1009

Original Post

PVZ GW lag

★★★ Newbie

Every time I am in a sever i lag like crazy. I have turned of the firewall but it hasnt helped. Its been lagging for a couple of weeks and im dying to to play it.  Plz help because i really want to play it. I have it on ps4 and its sooo fun. PLZ HELP i really wanna play and the lagg kills me.

Message 1 of 8 (372 Views)

Re: PVZ GW lag

★★ Guide

I don't know for certain that I have a solution, but turning off your firewall is most likely a bad idea. I'd advise turning your firewall immediately back on if you haven't already done so.

Could a hard reset help in solving the lag?

1. Power off the PS4 by holding down the power button for several seconds.  You will hear a beep and see the power light turn red.

2. Power on the PS4 by holding the power button down and keeping it held down.  You will hear an initial beep when you press the power button. Wait about 7 seconds until you hear a second beep.

3. Once you hear the second beep, release the power button and the Safe Mode screens should appear.  You will need to connect your DualShock 4 controller via a USB cable to the PS4 since Bluetooth is not active when in Safe Mode.

You will have the following options in safe mode:

• Restart System – Exits Safe Mode and restarts the PlayStation 4 back into the XMB.
  • Change Resolution – Changes the screen resolution to 480p when the PlayStation 4 is restarted.
  • Update System Software – Allows the PlayStation 4 to update the system software via Internet, USB Drive, or Disc.
  • Restore Default Settings – Restores the PlayStation 4 to the default factory settings.
  • Rebuild Database – Scans the drive and creates a new database of all content.
    This operation may take a long time depending on the type and number of data items.
  • Initialize PS4 – All data and settings will be lost by performing this step. This deletes all user data and restores the PS4 to as if it just came out of the box. This option is the same as the [Initialize PS4] option in the Settings menu. System software or firmware is not deleted from this option. Essentially, this will erase all your personal data and restore to a factory reset.
  • Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software) – This deletes all information on the HDD including the System Software. A message that states a USB storage device containing the System Software must be connected is displayed. Then you can confirm the selection. This too is a factory reset mechanism, but it requires reinstalling the system software as well.

Original Source: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/45946/ps4-how-to-get-into-safe-mode-factory-reset/

Message 2 of 8 (364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im sorry if i said this wrong but i have it on ps4, but now i want it on my pc. My pc lags and someone told me to turn off firewall i tried but i turned it back on after if didnt work. I need to know how to make it stop lagging on pc. THX!:eahigh_file:

Message 3 of 8 (362 Views)

★★ Guide

Below PC Requirements

You may have a PC that just can't handle Garden Warfare. Make sure you double check your PC to make sure it has at least the following components to have the game run smoothly on the lowest settings.

Video Card: NVIDIA 8800GT, AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5750

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz

Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible

Memory: 4GB RAM

DirectX: 10.0+

Hard Drive: 15 GB

Garden Ops

If your lag is originating from Garden Ops, then there's your problem. In Garden Ops, if you're not the host, you probably are going to lag a lot due to the games being run through player servers. EA/Popcap has no servers in Garden Ops meaning it's up to the host to provide stable connection for everyone, whoever that host may be.

Message 4 of 8 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

If you require more assistance, the people at the PC trouble shooting should be able to help you out.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/PvZ-Garden-Warfare-PC/bd-p/pvz-garden-warfare-pc

Message 5 of 8 (335 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One last question. Am i able to play on mac even though it doesn't have windows. This computer has windows 8 but lags so is there any way i can play on mac? The mac doesn't have windows but if there is a way to play please show me  a way. Thx for all the help so farStandard smile

Message 6 of 8 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You can't play on your Mac if you don't have the right operating system. If your Mac doesn't have Windows 7 or higher try installing an operating system called Bootcamp. I've heard that Mac users are able to play Garden Warfare 1 if they install this system so check it out.

More info on Garden Warfare 1: http://answers.ea.com/t5/PvZ-Garden-Warfare-PC/Plants-vs-Zombies-Garden-Warfare-for-MAC/td-p/2703260

Also for future occasions, try to post in your PC questions next time in the appropriate category. OverclockdToastr has the link to PC problems category so make sure you check that out as well.

Hope it helps! Wink

Message 7 of 8 (315 Views)

★★ Novice

It doesn't support windows 10?

Message 8 of 8 (267 Views)