Other Players Disappearing, Then Self Disappearing,

by MushroomGenius

Original Post

Other Players Disappearing, Then Self Disappearing,

★ Apprentice

I have run into this problem multiple times on the same map in Gardens & Graveyards for the 360 and it seems to be under similar circumstances each time so I'll try to list as much info as possible from memory as I'm not sure what's relevant.

I play primarily as Zombie, using the Marine Biologist variant using a Mega Heal Bomb, Warp, and Zombie Heal Station loadout.  Customizations include Sombrero Hat, Gold Glasses, and the Zomboss Special Weapon Skin (Green Dolphin).

This has occurred on at least 3 occasions on the Main Street map, typically after the Burger Joint occuring either at the Taco Restaurant or Hardware Store stages and after accumulating 20+ vanquishes to this point.

The first instance of the problem occurs when the opponent character models disappear.  If the opponents are close enough, I can see their red names, but do not see any character models.  If I shoot at the names, I can hit them and kill them.  However, I do not see if they are firing back at me.  I usually die within a few seconds of this occuring since I'm unable to see attacks.

After respawn or revival, my character model then disappears.  I am able to see all other players now, but my character model is gone from my screen.  My reticle appears, but firing the weapon does nothing, the ammo does not decrease and no animation is present when the trigger is pulled.  I can use other abilities, however.  While I appear invisible on my screen, I can be seen and killed by others.

Frustratingly, I've just opted to respawn each time.  However, once I select respawn, I'm taken back to just a black screen with the "loading" coin-daisy in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  I can hear the sounds of the game continuing for a time until the action is completely away from the respawn area. 

If I wait long enough, I can hear the sound effect of the explosive charges being activated at the final stage of this level and can reap the rewards at the end.  However, I am unable to move and unable to quit the game since I'm stuck on the black screen.  I could quit using the x-box button, but then I'd lose my place in the group.  Since I am unable to move, I have also been kicked out due to idle.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Again, I've only encountered this using this particular character on this particular map.

Message 1 of 12 (982 Views)

Re: Other Players Disappearing, Then Self Disappearing,

Community Manager (retired)

Interesting.  You never get it to load in unless you reboot I assume?  Do you have a video of the issue by chance?

Message 2 of 12 (972 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Jenni,

That would be correct.  A normal respawn, I don't think I even see the coin-daisy flower.  It's only after the circumstances listed above does this occur..  I either need to go all the way back out to the Xbox Home Screen and restart the game or pray that the game doesn't kick me out for idling and wait for the next round. 

Unfortunately, I don't have video of this happening as it catches me by surprise and I hope that the game just plays through it.  It doesn't.  Next time it happens, I'll see if I can get some video using my phone.  I probably won't be able to catch the invisible players occurrence since I die almost immediately using a CQC character like the Marine Biologist.  Unfortunately, it's the best I can do at the moment playing on 360.

Edit:  Come to think of it, this has happened on the Wall-nut Hills map as well.  Where upon completion, the victory animation played, however, the only thing visible on my screen was the Crazy Dave statue falling apart.  There was no background image of the mansion or the players normally congregated at the fountain.

Message 3 of 12 (965 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Nope its fine, no video needed. I understand now.  Thanks for letting us know

Message 4 of 12 (952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Jenni,

Encountered the problem again tonight.  Happened around 2:30am PDST.

First video shows the invisible opponents and teammates as well as the invisible player.  http://youtu.be/R8cIlOxSm60

Second video shows what happens after the above occurs and you try to Start/Respawn.  http://youtu.be/1ygngH-exZY

This was the first time I've encountered this problem playing on the Plant team.

Message 5 of 12 (938 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, the problem seems to be getting worse... frequency is the same, but now look:

http://i58.tinypic.com/29fs9ch.jpg

Buildings are completely disappearing.... was kinda cool at first, the invisible structures were there, I couldn't just walk through them, still had to navigate a path I couldn't see.  Only action I could perform was jumping, could not summon zombies, build turrets, fire weapon, or use any special abilities.

My team probably thought I was a freeloader for the last two stages.... sorry dudes!

Message 6 of 12 (896 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

... and I'm still experiencing this problem though also with just a basic All-Star character.

Message 7 of 12 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have the same issue. Usually later during a multi-player campaign it happens. As he mentions first is others disappear, then upon re-spawning my character can not do anything but run around and get shot. If I try to change characters the game locks at the black daisy screen and I have to wait till the game ends or I restart it manually. As he mentioned when i'm in this stuck state all of the building disappear and only the ground is visible. The walls and building are still there though as you can't move past them unless you know where they are. I'm using Xbox one by the way, but I previous played on the Xbox 360 and had similar issues. 

I think i has something to do with the internet connection (ADSL) but I don't understand why it would effect the game play in this fashion.

Message 8 of 12 (826 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Do you ever encounter this issue in the first game of the session? How many game sessions do you play before it occurs?

Do you get it multiple times in one day? Out of how many sessions?

Message 9 of 12 (821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no ryme or reason. It happens first session sometimes, third.....at different times. It rarely does it back to back games though.

Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152962137763547&l=2d37d8fb0b

Whenever it happens I either have to close the game or wait till the end of the session. As the first poster mentioned if you try to change characters it freezes with a black screen and white flower.

Message 10 of 12 (786 Views)