Just bought the game...keeps saying cannot connect to xbox live

by nicdee39

Original Post

Just bought the game...keeps saying cannot connect to xbox live

★★★ Newbie

My son has been so excited to play this game.  We had to download the taco update first. Then it said to create and EA account, so we did, then we finally get to the game screen, it says we need to be signed into xbox live acccount...which we already were signed in. We selected to sign in, it lags forever, then says that we cannot connect.   We can use xbox live anywhere else, only this game has the issue. restarted many times, deleted the download, etc....what is the problem>  and now we can't return it to Bestbuy since we opened it?? My Ea ccount sign in is not the same as my xbox, does that matter? Even if it did, no way to make them the same, as you have to sign in to do anything!!!

Message 1 of 7 (974 Views)

Re: Just bought the game...keeps saying cannot connect to xbox live

★★★★★ Pro

Currently Xbox Live is having some issues: http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-live-status

One of the effected services is Signing into Xbox Live.

Message 2 of 7 (950 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Ok first of all - is this 360 or Xbox One?  Secondly, I see that Microsoft is having some tech issues right now, can you load up other games online ok today?

Third question: is this account a child account?  If so maybe the Origin password needs to be 8 characters a cap and a number.  Im assuming you meant Origin password not Microsoft password?  EA help tickets go here if this doesn't get resolved: http://help.ea.com/en/plants-vs-zombies/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare/

Message 3 of 7 (948 Views)

★★ Novice

hopeless right!

xbox chat helped us get connected to xbox live after we received messages about having to sign in and we were already signed in.

microsoft were helpful.

we now can not join a p v z game - my 6 year old is going nuts. 

seems like a massive waste of money and time i'm afraid

EA not able to help.

Message 4 of 7 (884 Views)

★★★ Newbie

xbox chat helped us get connected to xbox live after we received messages about having to sign in

What was the solution to that, please?

Message 5 of 7 (871 Views)

★★ Novice

it was something at their end - they cancelled our subscription and then restarted with a new code. best to contact xbox chat - keep them talking until you get onconnected - that being said we are still not able to join any plants v zombies games. 

i can't help but thinking that for those us who have better things to do with our time that this system is just too hard to crack.

Message 6 of 7 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank Hamburger. We' ve just kept trying, rebooting, restarting modem/router, switching profiles, etc, etc, and finally managed to create a session to start an online game. I wasted three hours on it yesterday morning, and another hour or so this evening; life's too short.

This is very, very poor and has done little to raise my opinion of the Xbox One money pit.

Message 7 of 7 (821 Views)