If you are having issues with Suburbination please provide the following

by EA_Jenni

Original Post

If you are having issues with Suburbination please provide the following

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

I have been seeing some reports of people having problems in Suburbination, in order to narrow it down and figure out what is going on I will need to know:

What console are you on

What game mode were you in or trying to get into

What did you do right before the issue occurred (Select a character, revive, load into gameplay etc.)

Anything else that might help narrow it down (What character you played, what map you were in etc.)

Thanks,

Jenni

Also you can find me on twitter here if you have problems:  https://twitter.com/real_picklebird

Message 1 of 75 (1,241 Views)

Re: If you are having issues with Suburbination please provide the following

★★★ Newbie

hi having problems too,starts to install then stops and a message appears "your disc may be damaged.try cleaning it,or choose a different disc,(0x87e00064)ive looked at my disc and its pretty spotless,in my experiance you scratch the disc more by cleaning it,this is for xbox one by the way,hope this gets sorted soon,thank you,sean.

Message 2 of 75 (1,235 Views)

Please provide more information.  Was it working before? Were you playing last week with no errors or is this the first time loading the game?

Message 3 of 75 (1,231 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no problems until suburbination came out this morning,was playing fine yestarday and now cant play it at all

Message 4 of 75 (1,227 Views)

Can you try this? 

Power cycle your console. Here’s how:

On the console, press and hold the Xbox button until the light behind it turns off (about 5 seconds), which means the console is off.

After the console has shut down, unplug the power cord and wait 30 seconds.

Plug the console back in and turn it on using the Xbox button. Power cycling will reset the network card and clear the cache.

Then see if you can download it.  Let me know

Message 5 of 75 (1,217 Views)

[ Edited ]

A lot of issues will probably occur due to lack of common sense.

1.) Let the game install completely. As tempting as it is to be able to play while it's installing, let it install first and completely.

2.) Reboot the system after the game completely installs. It's not required, but every other update ran better after an update, so just do it to get it out of the way.

3.) Always leave extra room on your hard drive. Never play games on a full hard drive. Dump some games that you don't play anymore... especially demos.Games that are purchased can always be downloaded again.

I'm on Xbox One and tried out some Garden Ops on the new map. I didn't host and already had a disconnect... and one game froze up. I'm guessing that the host didn't have common sense.

Message 6 of 75 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Newbie
EA & Popcap,

The game worked before the update. However, an invisible glitch would occur during game play sometimes. That glitch is still happening after the update.

After the update...its worst.

The issue isn't just Suburbination mode, the issue happens on Graves and Gardens mode as well. Usually on join it will freeze or during game play it will freeze. Sometimes a black screen occurs.

I have tested all game modes on the Xbox One and believe those are the issues you should look into.
Message 7 of 75 (1,201 Views)

Furiaofhavoc you didn't tell me some info such as what map it occurred on. 

Message 8 of 75 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Console: Xbox one

Game mode: Both gardens and graveyards and suburbination

What I did: Game loaded, past map loading screen, to character selection. Was about to select a character (scrolling through characters) and it froze or chose a character and it froze. Once after choosing a charcter and selcting it, it went black screen.

Happened in sharkbite shores, suburbia, jewel junction, and zomboss estate.

I stopped trying after 8 tries in suburbination. I was able to get in 3 out of 8 tries. Once when the game ended a few seconds after joining and I was able to play about 2 times through the whole thing. Someone else told me they couldn't get into gardens and graveyards that is how I know that mode wasn't working. I did not try any other modes or maps. The maps that I mentioned were reoccuring maps I kept popping up on so I do not know if it happens on other maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6_bfX8H8e4&app=desktop

here is a video that I made, as soon as I got to the character screen after loading suburbination, it froze because the loading grey circle stopped moving while choosing a character. And I couldnt move the character select from peashooter (trying to go to another character such as cactus or choose a different peashooter)

I am in Maryland, near a city and I have verizon fios internet. Another person I conversed with on reddit, said they played on xbox one and also had verizon fios. But no one else gave any details on what console or internet they had.

And yes I had hard rebooted and turned off the console. It still happens everytime. I cleared cache. I even stopped playing a few hours and turned off the console to load it up about an hour later to have the same problem.

Message 9 of 75 (1,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

no still wont install,whats annoying is i cant play the game because of the update.

Message 10 of 75 (1,160 Views)