Connectivity Problems - Xbox 360

by crazydave0923

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connectivity Problems - Xbox 360

★ Guide

I can't seem to find an answer to my problem. And the 317 minute wait for a call from EA support is a little ridiculous to even call that support.

I cannot connect to any of the multiplayer games.

I can connect to Garden Ops. I can both host and be hosted in Garden Ops.

I have checked for the proper open ports. I have deleted my game off the Xbox and re-installed.

Another note: When starting the game, it takes about 2 minutes to actually connect to the EA servers.

It's been about a month and I'm about to give up. When I began playing the game, none of these issues were present.

Anybody have any additional ideas that might help?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (507 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connectivity Problems - Xbox 360

★ Guide

UPDATE

In a possibly unrelated issue, all of the PC's in my house have not received Windows Updates since mid-June.

I narrowed down the issue until it could only be my ISP - Windstream.

So, I called Windstream and they did something on their end and I now receive Windows Updates.

The strange thing now is that I now have all of the multi-player functionality back in PvZ:GW.

So, my issue is resolved, but I really don't know what they did to fix it?

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (451 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Honestly that is really strange.  Other multiplayer games work?  You deleted the game and all its data?  Have you cleared the cache?

To clear the system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  2. Select Clear System Cache.
  1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
Message 2 of 5 (495 Views)

★ Guide

I have cleared the system cache and let the game download the patches again.

Actually, PVZ is the only online game I play. I do have some I can try out when I get home.

I'll let you know. Thanks.

Message 3 of 5 (491 Views)

★ Guide

I played some multi-player Star Trek. No problems at all. Well, except, I really stink at the game.

So, I'm still stuck on a solution. 

I'd appreciate any other suggestions.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5 (481 Views)

★ Guide

UPDATE

In a possibly unrelated issue, all of the PC's in my house have not received Windows Updates since mid-June.

I narrowed down the issue until it could only be my ISP - Windstream.

So, I called Windstream and they did something on their end and I now receive Windows Updates.

The strange thing now is that I now have all of the multi-player functionality back in PvZ:GW.

So, my issue is resolved, but I really don't know what they did to fix it?

Message 5 of 5 (452 Views)