[Xbox One] Small list of suggestions..

by briq

Original Post

[Xbox One] Small list of suggestions..

★★★ Novice

I'm having a blast with the game so far, you guys really did a great job.  I have a few small suggestions that I think would really go a long way to improving the game.  

1) The first and biggest one is to add a little arrow over any teammate that's also in your chat party.  You should be able to see the arrow through walls anywhere on the map, so you know exactly where anyone in your chat party is at all times.  I like to play with friends and use teamwork, but it can become pretty difficult to get together when you get separated during a match.  There might also be multiple players playing the same class your friend is and telling them apart can be cumbersome.  You don't see a teammate's name unless you directly highlight them and even then it's in tiny text that's barely legible.  A simple little arrow over their head would eliminate the "Where are you?," "Uhh I'm at this tree by a house" conversations.

2)  It would be nice to be able to customize your characters and see their challenges during the intermission between games.  Currently the only thing you can do is look at the sticker shop, so unless you need to go to the bathroom or get a drink you just kinda sit there for a minute.

3)  If you chose to play an unlockable character it should stay as the active choice for that class between games.  What I mean by that is if you chose the Goalie Star Al-Star variant for instane, from then on that would be the active variant in the list of zombie classes you pick from at the start of the game.  You wouldn't have to hit left or right on the control stick to choose the Goalie Star every match any more.

4)  I'd like it if there were a little meter that shows you how much time you have left on the pea shooter's Hyper and Engineer's Jackhammer abilities, similar to the chomper's Burrow meter.  It sucks to try to make a jump with the pea shooter only to have hyper fade at the last second and drop like a rock to the ground.

Message 1 of 5 (417 Views)

Re: [Xbox One] Small list of suggestions..

★★★ Newbie

100% agree with every suggestion here. I feel I am constantly losing where my teammates are compaired to me. Dont know when the pee shooter will run out or anything. ALL GREAT SUGGESTIONS NEED THIS IN THE NEXT PATCH!

Message 2 of 5 (393 Views)

You can see your challenges if you press the menu button during the game.

The one thing about challenges that I'd like to see is the ability to scroll down and see all challenges. Right now I can only see the top 3. Kind of annoying because I'll do Garden Ops to get as many as I can, then go into matchmaking. 

Message 3 of 5 (386 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Zombie survival mode (garden ops for zombies)
    Playlist that goes to 100+ kills
    Lobbies so you can party up with friends
    Way to see allies on screen, possibly a mini-map
    Make it easier to see player gamertagsin-game

Message 4 of 5 (380 Views)

★ Novice

Crimsonlegend really got it there in my opinion.  Zombie survival sounds cool but I could do without.   All of the other suggestions are pretty much neccessities. 

With only 50 kills the games go so fast. 

Not having lobbies is just outright ridiculous in a multiplayer game. 

You can see where enemies are if they are behind something but you don't know if you are going to a big battle or heading towards 5 enemies on your own.

Gamertags are needed to be easier to see especially in Garden Ops when I was the sunflower.  We had 2 peashooters on the team and I could see that "gamertag" was hurt but had no idea which peashooter it was.  I had to run way over to get right up to them only to discover that it was the peashooter that was not hurt.

It's a great game but there are some major issues that make the game MUCH less enjoyable than it could be.  I had convinced some friends to buy it and now feel bad as I can't even play with them unless we just want to play Garden Ops.  I would NOT recommend this to anyone that expects to play with friends.

Message 5 of 5 (365 Views)