xBox already linked to an Origin/EA account - can I unlink and link it to mine?

by tombusbydavies

Original Post

xBox already linked to an Origin/EA account - can I unlink and link it to mine?

★★★ Newbie

Hi Large smile

I am thinking about buying PvZ GW2 (I really want to Wink) on PC/PS4 but I would like to make sure that I can transfer my progress over from PvZ GW on xBox 360. I know you can if both are linked to one EA account. However, I have tried to link my xBox account to my EA account but I get this message:

UNABLE TO LINK ACCOUNTS
Oops…that account has already been linked to a different ID. To review your linked accounts, select Account and Privacy from the Origin menu.

I'm not sure if this means I have already linked it to one of my other, different, EA accounts because I didn't think I had any. I have tried logging in to EA with all the eMail addresses I have ever used but no EA accounts seem to exist for any of them (I have tried resetting passwords; no reset password eMail arrives for any of the eMail addresses). I am confused - is it possible that I have linked it to an account that I may have deleted? Could I have linked it to an EA account and then deleted the eMail address of that account?

I would like to unlink my xBox gamertag from the other account and link it to my real one but I don't know if that is possible. I want to make sure that the progress on PvZ GW (xBox 360), which is linked to the other EA account, can be transferred over to PVZ GW2 (PC/PS4), which will be linked to the correct EA account. Can I unlink my xBox account from the wrong EA account and link it to the correct one and transfer the data from PvZ GW as well (I really only care about the PvZ data!! Standard smile)

This is kinda frustrating (especially if I have caused the whole problem) but is not urgent (the deadline for data transfer is February 2017)

Help would be much appreciated! Embarrassed Standard smile

Message 1 of 2 (1,301 Views)

Re: xBox already linked to an Origin/EA account - can I unlink and link it to mi

Community Manager

@tombusbydavies Hey, it sounds like the best way forward is to reach out to support. They can check on the linked accounts and help to clear things up. 

http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

If you're not in the US, be sure to click the flag icon in the top right of the page to change the region.

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,288 Views)