"Failed to Load Save Data" PvZ:GW

by theroguewolfe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Failed to Load Save Data" PvZ:GW

★★★ Novice

Everything has been working fine, with the occasional silly Heal Flower glitch (amongst other charater glitches or model collisions) when just today (Mar 3) it told me "Failed to Load Save Data."

I was given the option to "Cancel" or "OK." When I choose "OK" it asks if I want to play without saving anything. Of course I said "Cancel." Then it goes back to the "failed" message. I'm unsure what is "failing" to load. I decided to play anyway after saying "OK" to not saving. I tested it out by playing some games, buying some packs, then checking what I had and logging out, or switching active profiles (which asks if you want to switch due to losing "unsaved" data).

But when I switch back, everything is normal, but gives me the "failed" message again.

So confused. Is it loading save data from EA servers? And why isn't it happened to my husband's account?

Is anyone else having this problem? Or has anyone heard of a solution yet?

Message 1 of 92 (20,774 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Failed to Load Save Data" PvZ:GW

Community Manager

Hopefully there's no local corruption. If you're using the 360 version of the game, please try clearing the cache. If you're playing on Xbox One, please perform a hard restart (hold the power button for 5-10 seconds). Once this is done, please check again, hopefully the issue will go away.

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 92 (21,139 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hopefully there's no local corruption. If you're using the 360 version of the game, please try clearing the cache. If you're playing on Xbox One, please perform a hard restart (hold the power button for 5-10 seconds). Once this is done, please check again, hopefully the issue will go away.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 92 (21,140 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

xbox one, turned off the game started it back up.  got message "failed to retrieve save data"  then the continue option.  I didn't want to lose 25lvls already so turned off the xbone, unplugged the power brick for a few minutes, started back up and it worked.  don't know if its a server or game glitch but looks like a power cycle will fix it.  i tried restarting the game with no power cycle and that did not work.  needed to power cycle the system.

Message 3 of 92 (20,683 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That error is an issue with the xbox not connecting properly to the cloud servers to retreive your save.  Normally it will ask if you want to continue with the local copy but I'm guessing they don't save a local copy since it's online only.  When this happens if your internet connection is fine, the only way to fix it is what you did to fix it.  A hard reset of the console.

Message 4 of 92 (20,681 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hard resetting the Xbox One worked. Thanks!

Message 5 of 92 (20,667 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@eadavid wrote:

This does work. But having to do this every single day is getting really annoying. Please look into what is causing this. The people I play with are having this issue as well.. So it's not confined to just some people. I'm on Xbox one.

Message 6 of 92 (20,633 Views)

★★★ Novice

@ChooseMyFate wrote:

@eadavid wrote:

This does work. But having to do this every single day is getting really annoying. Please look into what is causing this. The people I play with are having this issue as well.. So it's not confined to just some people. I'm on Xbox one.

How often is it happening to you? It only happened to me the one time, and the hard reset worked like a charm. I haven't had any problems since. (I also didn't know about how to hard reset my One yet, only the turn off feature from just pressing the button once or using the features via voice or controller.)

Message 7 of 92 (20,610 Views)

★ Novice

i am having this problem got the game 11/03/2014 worked fine first day but now i get error failed to load save i am playing on the 360 i have cleared the system Cache still no look turned my router off and my xbox is there anything else i can try coz at the moment i have a game thats not worth playing 

Message 8 of 92 (20,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not working for me. Same error. Have done even done a hard reset and un-pluged xbox and left it for a bit. Didn't fix it. Any more suggestions?
Message 9 of 92 (20,360 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I received the same error this evening after having played it with no problems since launch.

I cleared the XbOne's cache and power cycled the brick but the error is still coming up. This has rendered the game unplayable as a result.

Is anything being done by EA to rectify this situation?

Message 10 of 92 (20,341 Views)