can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

by airbornemac2

Original Post

Re: can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

★★★ Newbie
Same here. I got the PS3 version, and then spent 2.5 hours updating the system and setting up accounts before I got to the screen that said my son didn't meet the age requirement. The packaging should have said in bold red letters that there was a minimum age requirement. Unfortunately, my son bought the game new, so it's not returnable. I even looked online before the purchase to make sure I didn't need a psp account, and tried to make sure the game was playable.
Message 11 of 28 (5,965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Is your son's account set up as a child account and linked to yours?

If he's still unable to access it you can contact customer support and they should be able to link accounts and whatnot to get it playable. 

http://help.ea.com/

Message 12 of 28 (5,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm, been want to play this damn game and it is not working I just made the damn EA **bleep**, and put it in there AND it still does not want to **bleep** work! >Frown!
Message 13 of 28 (5,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is exactly why EA "won" The Worst Company in America award.  Don't believe me? Google it. They won in like 2012 or 2011 voted by consumers on the Consumerist website. For real.

My daughter waited patiently for 2 DAYS while I was out of town for me to come back and help her get this game working because it wouldn't just start up like ALL THE OTHER ONLINE GAMES WE HAVE.

I spent over an hour with EA on the phone trying to sort this out only to be told I had to "contact PSN to enable her sub-account to use the game". I never even had to contact PSN because, unlike EA, PSN is extremely user friendly. My PS4 was already correctly set up with the PS+ user having selected it as their primary PS4.

The game never even gave me an option to set up an origin account for her or use her existing Origin info.

Now I read an "answer" that says I have to download Origin onto her computer and sign in to it to "link her Origin account to her PS4 ID". Are you kidding me? 

So basically EA is saying" Pay us money. Then jump through all of these hoops to use what you paid us for". I have to go to my PC to use a game on my PS4? Seriously?

What if she didn't have her own PC? Then I, the parent, have to put Origin on MY PC for her? Really? I can't possibly imagine the convoluted "Rube Goldberg" thought process that is at work here. 

There is a sadist in charge of the user experience at EA for sure!

Now, in order to play the game she has to launch it as the PS+ member, then change users to "play as herself" but it still has his ID in the game. What a mess!

EA: WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH ALL OF THAT MONEY? Can't you do better than this? Heads need to roll and you need to spend your money wiser because you are flushing it down the toilet. You have too much money to have this poor, inferior level of user experience.

Message 14 of 28 (5,320 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I am sorry you are experiencing issues with your child account.  For sure child accounts can cause issues and I also apologize that the help on the phone wasn't what you were looking for.  This forum is a place where players can help each other.  We did set the system up to only work this way, but sometimes trying the Origin account on the PC is a way to troubleshoot it.   You shouldn't need to download Origin on the PC but only log in to her account on PC.

Are you able to play the game now or is the account still having trouble? If you are still having issues please feel free to PM me and I will try to help if I can.

Have a good day,

-Jenni

Message 15 of 28 (5,289 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It says i need to go to ea.Help to create account  i di it still wont freking  let me log in and play pvz 

Message 16 of 28 (4,546 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
My son is the primary on the ps4 (he is 18). And a plus member. I got pvz 2. I am not a plus member. I was able to play online on my account until tonight. I froze during an online match. When I reset and went to join an online game it stated that I had to be a plus member. So I tried another online game and was able to play online. So I put PVZ2 back in and got the same message. Curious as to why I could play before but not now. Does this mean I have to pay for plus for myself and my son? I hope not!
Message 17 of 28 (4,525 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks to EAs age restrictions for playing PVZ, for the childrens safety, Ive now created a new account for my 10 years old as a solution after using several hours trying to find a way to make it work. Now he has no restrictions at all. So much for kids protection.
It will be the last EA game in our house I hope.

Message 18 of 28 (4,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, apparently PvZ and/or EA completely ignore parental controls on the PS4. If I as a parent think my children are fit to play a game like this (and let's be honest, it IS a game for children), then that's all EA should be concerned about.

Message 19 of 28 (4,445 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So the only way for kids to play this game or the newer version is to create them a full PS4 account with no restrictions so you can create a EA account?!?!?!? WOW... WOW.... I just cant.... WOW...

Message 20 of 28 (4,306 Views)