can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

by airbornemac2

Original Post

can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

★★★ Newbie

This is so discouraging with EA.  What the hell is the problem with you guys?  I have logged into my EA origin account and found no settings for parental controls.  My PS4 sub account is set at level 4 the same level as primary account yet it will still not work on the sub account, but works fine on the primary.  Something sounds fishy here anybody got any solutions?

Message 1 of 28 (37,278 Views)

Re: can not play PvZ garden warfare on PS4 sub accounts why not?

★★ Apprentice

My 7-year old is in tears. He has waited patiently with barely contained excitement for this release, and it arrived on the release day and he can't play it because of this ridiculous restriction.

Absolute drivel, EA. SimCity? Dungeon Keeper? Now this? Your greedy deamands for tracking user data has spoilt your main purpose - selling games that people want to play.

This is from your own investor relation page regarding The EA Actions:

Think Consumers First Listen and respond | Deliver beyond their expectations | Build lifetime customers

What a fail. I hope your investors have a modicum of common sence and desert you and these empty words. Your reputation is at rock bottom.

Message 2 of 28 (37,090 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Forgive me for not understanding but this sounds like a Playstation issue, rather than an EA one. o.o

What exactly is a sub account and why does an account have a level? How is this conflicted with Origin?

Message 3 of 28 (37,076 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@xcrimsonlegendx wrote:

Forgive me for not understanding but this sounds like a Playstation issue, rather than an EA one. o.o

What exactly is a sub account and why does an account have a level? How is this conflicted with Origin?

It's a good question. Sub-accounts are PSN accounts for those ages 7-17 as you have to be 18 to hold a "full" PSN account.

I'm not sure if the inability to load the game occurs on all sub-accounts, or just those where the sub-account holder is younger than 13, because the game seems to want the user to have an EA Origin account, for which the minimum age seems to be 13.

If it's that that's specifically causing the error, then once EA had decided to go down this misguided route of putting so many barriers to use on this game simply to better enable their own marketing and business intelligence strategies, they should also have done a *much* better job of advertising 13 as the minimum age to play this game - all you see in the stores and online adverts is the PEGI rating of 7 - misleading to the point it could be constued as deception. Fault still squarely with EA it seems to me.

Message 4 of 28 (37,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had same problem log into sub account on ps4 and also select it as primary ps4 in settings and set up another origin account
Message 5 of 28 (37,040 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@FailAtGames wrote:

@xcrimsonlegendx wrote:

It's a good question. Sub-accounts are PSN accounts for those ages 7-17 as you have to be 18 to hold a "full" PSN account.

I'm not sure if the inability to load the game occurs on all sub-accounts, or just those where the sub-account holder is younger than 13, because the game seems to want the user to have an EA Origin account, for which the minimum age seems to be 13.

If it's that that's specifically causing the error, then once EA had decided to go down this misguided route of putting so many barriers to use on this game simply to better enable their own marketing and business intelligence strategies, they should also have done a *much* better job of advertising 13 as the minimum age to play this game - all you see in the stores and online adverts is the PEGI rating of 7 - misleading to the point it could be constued as deception. Fault still squarely with EA it seems to me.

Thank you for explaining that to me.

So is it restricting the sub account from creating an origin account and therefor not letting that account access the game?

I wonder if the same holds true on Xbox child accounts, I'll have to test this out later today.

Message 6 of 28 (37,013 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This was the response I had from EA, excuse the typos as I was doing it on my phone

Chat Transcript
info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Mohd.
Mohd: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Mohd. How may I assist you today?
you: My brother can't play pvz garden warfare on the psi
you: *ps3
you: It says there are parental controls in effect but there aren't any set up on the ps3 or the pan
Mohd: Oh I see.
Mohd: Before going ahead may I know your name please so that I can address you?
you: Richard
Mohd: Thanks Richard for your name.
Mohd: Do not worry I'll check this for you.
Mohd: May I know the Origin account Email address to which the game is registered to look into the issue?
you: Thanks, he hasn't been able to create an origin account because he's only 10
you: From what I've read on the forums and the psn forum this appears to be the issue
you: As the game wants him to create an origin I'd but he isn't old enough so just gives the parental control error
Mohd: Okay.
Mohd: In that case he will not be able to play the game.
Mohd: To play online he is not old Enough.
you: Is there due to be a fix seeing as the game is rated 7+
Mohd: I am sorry but nothing can be done in this issue.
Mohd: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
you: Is there any way you can feed it back as there is already a lot of anger at ea on both the ea forum and the psn forum at the fact that under 13 year olds can't play the game
Mohd: I can understand but it's all for the security of the children.
Mohd: By the way I'll mention this issue in the notes.
you: Thanks
Mohd: You are most welcome Richard.
you: It wouldn't of been an issue except the game is advertised as suitable for children over 7
Mohd: Yes but to play online 7 years is not enough
Mohd: I have mentioned your issue in the notes.
you: Thanks, have a great day
Mohd: I wish I could do something from my end
Mohd: But it is not in my hand.
Mohd: You are most welcome.
Mohd: Thank you for contacting EA. Have a great day.

Message 7 of 28 (36,862 Views)

★★★ Newbie

just wasted a lot of time trying to sort this out. Another reason to avoid buying EA games in future. 

Message 8 of 28 (36,839 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Are you able to make an Origin account on the website and link it to the sub-account that way?

Note: May still require a parent's email addess.

Message 9 of 28 (36,835 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the correct answer.  I had to create an Origin account then link the PS4 account once I logged into the Origin account following the below instructions.

The following thread includes information and instructions concerning linking, or making changes to your Gamertag/PSN ID and your EA Origin Account:

For EA games, these accounts should be linked to your https://account.origin.com/

Linking your accounts: Your Gamertag / PSN ID and Origin Account should be correctly linked when you first access an EA game online if you use the same email address for both. We recommend that you check your Origin account to ensure your emails match.

If the email address for your Gamertag / PSN / PSVita ID is different than the address for your Origin account, connect them using the steps below:
1) Open the Origin client and click the Friends button, then add a Friend. If you do not have the Origin client installed, you can download Origin for both PC and Mac here: https://www.origin.com/en-ca/download.
2) In the Import Friends menu, you can choose to "connect" your Xbox LIVE, PSN, and EA accounts. Simply sign in with your account details to connect and they will be linked.

Message 10 of 28 (36,665 Views)