Not able to access Plants vs Zombies

by CheeseBugga1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not able to access Plants vs Zombies

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game solely for my children to play and I get the response that I am not able to Login as I don't meet the minimum requirements.  Please visit help EA.com for more information.  Not sure what the minimum requirements for a game rated E are. 

Regardless, playing videos games should not be this hard and time consuming.  EA has dropped the ball. 

Message 1 of 8 (5,453 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to access Plants vs Zombies

★★★★★ Pro

Sorry, post was in Xbox Forums.

This solution was posted in: http://answers.ea.com/t5/PvZ-Garden-Warfare-Playstation/Cannot-create-an-account-due-to-being-under-...

Problem: You have a kid whose PSN account is a subaccount of your PSN account. Your PSN account is tied to an Origin account, but your kid can't play at all when logged in as themself because they aren't tied to an Origin account, which is required to play *any* mode, seemingly.

Solution: 

1) Download the Origin client for your PC or Mac. I didn't say this was going to be pretty :-) Log in as yourself, the adult.

2) Run the Origin client. Click on the button to see your Friends, then click on the button to "Add a Friend"

3) On the resulting screen, there are buttons to import Origin friends from various options, including PSN

4) Click on the button to import friends from PSN

5) Here is the important part. When you do this, it is going to ask you to log in to PSN so it can scan your friends and find friends that use Origin. The important part is: log in to the child's subaccount, not your adult account.

When you do this, it may or may not end up finding or adding any Origin friends, so if you actually care about that, be forewarned. But as a side effect, it ends up saying, "Huh. I guess that other (child subaccount) PSN account is also associated with this Origin account." So now your Origin account is tied to both the adult account and the child subaccount.

Once this is done, a really cool thing (in my opinion) happens. Not only does the child account work properly, allowing the kid to connect to Origin and play online, but it disables the in-game chat and messaging for the child account. For my purposes, this is actually really appropriate and smart. I think it is a shame that the integration is so nice, but impossible to find.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (5,462 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Pro

Do you have Xbox Live Gold? What do you mean by "Log in", have you already created an Origin account?

Message 2 of 8 (5,431 Views)

★ Novice
We are having the same issue. We do have an Xbox live gold membership/subscription, contacted to one users name.
Message 3 of 8 (5,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Were you able to reach the Origin account creation flow after booting the game?

From the sound of the message it's either Xbox Live Gold, or a child account needs to be set up.

Message 4 of 8 (5,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie
We have a PS4.. I set up subaccounts for the kids and origin accounts as well. Still no luck.
Message 5 of 8 (5,395 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

Sorry, post was in Xbox Forums.

This solution was posted in: http://answers.ea.com/t5/PvZ-Garden-Warfare-Playstation/Cannot-create-an-account-due-to-being-under-...

Problem: You have a kid whose PSN account is a subaccount of your PSN account. Your PSN account is tied to an Origin account, but your kid can't play at all when logged in as themself because they aren't tied to an Origin account, which is required to play *any* mode, seemingly.

Solution: 

1) Download the Origin client for your PC or Mac. I didn't say this was going to be pretty :-) Log in as yourself, the adult.

2) Run the Origin client. Click on the button to see your Friends, then click on the button to "Add a Friend"

3) On the resulting screen, there are buttons to import Origin friends from various options, including PSN

4) Click on the button to import friends from PSN

5) Here is the important part. When you do this, it is going to ask you to log in to PSN so it can scan your friends and find friends that use Origin. The important part is: log in to the child's subaccount, not your adult account.

When you do this, it may or may not end up finding or adding any Origin friends, so if you actually care about that, be forewarned. But as a side effect, it ends up saying, "Huh. I guess that other (child subaccount) PSN account is also associated with this Origin account." So now your Origin account is tied to both the adult account and the child subaccount.

Once this is done, a really cool thing (in my opinion) happens. Not only does the child account work properly, allowing the kid to connect to Origin and play online, but it disables the in-game chat and messaging for the child account. For my purposes, this is actually really appropriate and smart. I think it is a shame that the integration is so nice, but impossible to find.

Message 6 of 8 (5,463 Views)

★ Novice

It seems our issue can only be handled by phone support. Gonna try when I have more patience.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 8 (5,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Deactivated's solution is pure genius.  More importantly it actually worked.  Should repost this under PS4 somehow because that's what it addresses and it took me hours to find it.

How would you ever know when you bought the game you needed to create a PSN account, a PSN child subaccount, sign up for Playstation Plus, create an EA Origin account under same ID as master PSN account and then search for PSN friends by logging in as your child?  Are ya kidding me?

I'll post a link to this solution on Amazon in the product reviews.  All the 1 star posts over there are people who got frustrated with the installation.  That's almost half the people.  The other half gives the game 5 stars so apparently its worth the trouble.  I'm guessing that half didn't set up child subaccounts under PSN...

Message 8 of 8 (4,841 Views)