In-game voice chat and hearing not working?

by kR-ChrisKiller

Original Post

In-game voice chat and hearing not working?

★★ Apprentice

Hey,

I can not hear people talking on the voice chat on multiplayer! 

Whats the issue and anyone eles having this issues?

Message 1 of 31 (69,075 Views)

Re: In-game voice chat and hearing not working?

Yes.  I have been having that issue all tonight.  I have been very frustrated not knowing if it was my mic or the game.  Anyone have some confirmation on this?

Message 2 of 31 (68,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's a bug at least on xbox one, its works fine talking for a while, but sometimes I will stop hearing voice. People can still hear me talk, but I can't hear them.

I'm not sure if restarting the game fixes it, but I know if you hard reset the console it should work again at least for a little while.

Message 3 of 31 (68,845 Views)

That is very annoying.  I really hope that Titanfall does not have these issues when it releases.  :-/

Message 4 of 31 (68,842 Views)

★ Novice
I'm having the same issues. This is the only blog I've been able to find as well. Any one figure anything out. I've reset my Xbox more times than I can count and I've only gotten chat once. Also, anyone having issues with the controller acting like it's dead (unpairing) then resyncing.?
Message 5 of 31 (68,764 Views)

★★★★ Guide

it should work if you boot the game with your headset plugged in.

Unplugging part way through or plugging in part way through seems to cause the issue for me

Message 6 of 31 (68,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Thanks for suggestion for restarting the game with it plugged in. That is a great workaround that worked for me, but I hope this bug is fixed in the future so I don't have to quit and relaunch the game every time I unplug the headset!

EDIT: I just discovered that getting randomly kicked from a game (black screen then disconnect message) brings the issue back until you reset the game again. Very frustrating. Frown
Message 7 of 31 (68,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

as of today, the issue still exists, has EA or Pop Cap said anything to patch this??? its not just one or two people having this issue, please patch this. 

Message 8 of 31 (68,214 Views)

★★ Novice
Yah this in game chat needs a patch quick I can't even hear people chatting when I have my xbox one chat headset unplug from my controller this serious needs to be fixed
Message 9 of 31 (68,146 Views)

★ Apprentice

Having the same issue on the Xbox One.....

Message 10 of 31 (68,141 Views)