Help Transferring Characters from Xbox 360 PvZ Garden Warfare to PvZ GW2 Xbox 1

by jamesclark1015

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help Transferring Characters from Xbox 360 PvZ Garden Warfare to PvZ GW2 Xbox 1

★★★ Newbie

Good afternoon.  I need assistance with transferring characters from Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare for XBOX 360 which is saved on a Storage Device and is too large to save to the XBox Cloud Saved Games service.  I bought an XBox One for my son as well as the CD game for Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 and he was told and there are YouTube videos by gamers showing that the PvZ Garden Warfare characters from the XBox 360 game can be transferred/imported to the PvZ GW2 game by going to the mailbox behind the house.  When we go to the mailbox on the PvZ GW2 game, it does not give us the option to import or transfer the characters.  We have the storage device plugged into the XBox One.  

The PvZ Garden Warfare XBox 360 game is on our storage device and it is 2.5gb and our XBox Cloud Saved Games storage limit is 2gb, so I cannot save to the XBox Cloud.

I need any help anyone can provide how I can transfer the PvZ Garden Warfare xBox 360 characters saved on our Storage Device to the PvZ GW2 XBox One game.  This would make my son's day (and mine) if anyone could help me figured this out and make it happen for him.  He worked really hard to get all of the plants and zombie characters and this would be awesome if he can transfer them and use them on his PvZ GW2 XBox One game.

Thank you!

Message 1 of 14 (15,049 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help Transferring Characters from Xbox 360 PvZ Garden Warfare to PvZ GW2 Xbo

Community Manager

@jamesclark1015 Unfortunately the transfer service was closed down a few months ago, anyone starting Garden Warfare 2 now wouldn't be able to use their old PvZ1 characters. 

Sorry that we couldn't help more. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (16,375 Views)

All Replies

Re: Help Transferring Characters from Xbox 360 PvZ Garden Warfare to PvZ GW2 Xbo

Community Manager

@jamesclark1015 Unfortunately the transfer service was closed down a few months ago, anyone starting Garden Warfare 2 now wouldn't be able to use their old PvZ1 characters. 

Sorry that we couldn't help more. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 14 (16,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your reply!  I had no idea it had closed down.  Thank you for your help and letting me know!

Message 3 of 14 (14,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My son did ask if EA could turn it back on, please after I told him. He also asked why it was turned off.  If you have any additional information regarding why this feature was turned off, that would be nice to know.  He worked really hard to earn all of the plants and zombie characters in the XBox 360 Garden Warfare game.  

Thank you!

JamesClark1015's Mom

Message 4 of 14 (14,871 Views)

Community Manager

Unfortunately we don't have any way to turn it off, and I can't find any information on the specifics of why it was closed down, just that the transfer was available at launch and for some time afterwards. 

Sorry that I don't have any more for you, and thank you for the questions. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 14 (14,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Could you open it back up again?
Message 6 of 14 (14,816 Views)

PvZ GW1 Xbox 360 to Xbox One

★★★★ Novice
Hello there! I just got gw1 for xbox one but i had gw1 for xbox 360. I need to know if u can transfer gw1 xbox 360 progress to gw1 xbox one. If not, if you have gw1 for xbox 360, but you play gw1 on xbox one, will it affect gw1 on 360 or will your 360 progress remain the same. Im tired of this confussion and i need help from you guys😥😓
Message 7 of 14 (14,814 Views)

Re: PvZ GW1 Xbox 360 to Xbox One

★★★ Newbie
My son also has pvz garden ware fare one on both Xbox 360 and Xbox one. He really wants his progress and characters there which are not showing up. Is there any way this can be done? The game won't save to the cloud on the Xbox 360.
Message 8 of 14 (14,631 Views)

★ Novice

Will you guys put up the transferring system back up ever again?

Message 9 of 14 (12,959 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why though?

Message 10 of 14 (11,193 Views)