Garden Warfare keeps freezing Xbox 360

by MASFReload

Original Post

Garden Warfare keeps freezing Xbox 360

★ Novice

I am just about to throw this game in the trash or get a refund. There has not been one day this has not frozen, this means it is a constant issue. I've cleaned my cache on my hard drive, unplugged my ac adapter to restart my network card, installed the game on my hard drive and it STILL FREEZES!!! I get choppy frame rate and textures don't load fast enough. I am not playing this game until they update, they need one BADLY. All this crashing can't be good for my 360 either.

Message 1 of 19 (2,548 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare keeps freezing Xbox 360

★★★★ Guide

Hello.

Let me gather some information to try to help

- Where are the crashes occuring?  Does it go to a black screen or crash to dashboard?  What are you doing when it crashes?  Please be specific

- For framerate and textures, the first time you load into a map it might take a few moments, then when its all in, it should be resolved.

- Can you load a different game to ensure that it is not an issue with your 360?

Any additional information you can provide will be helpful

Message 2 of 19 (2,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine keeps doing this too. It seems to only be happening when I play gardens and graveyards, either as the game loads or mid game. Don't have any other issues with any other game

Message 3 of 19 (2,308 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh and to be specific it just freezes, doesnt go to dashboard or anything. Completely unresponsive. have to turn off and then on

Message 4 of 19 (2,306 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is not an xbox issue since we all have different xboxes and we are all having this issue. In the middle of the game everyone around you will freeze in time and then it will crash back to the menu with no payout or remembering how many kills or coins you got. Please fix soon, the dlc has something to do with it, none of this happened before, only lagging issues but not this severe
Message 5 of 19 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ours is doing this too.  i'll be honest, you should be giving people a refund on this. I am really annoyed as not only did i shell out for the game but had to buy a live account so over 80 quid for this and its utterly unplayable.  its not my network as I have speed tested it and its fine,tried turning off all other items trying to get internet access in the house and using a wired connection on the XBox one but still utter garbage.

Message 6 of 19 (2,049 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
The original post is about the 360, and from a time when the patch was less than stable. Your going i have to describe your issue a little better than "garbage".

Exactly what are you seeing? Any error messages? What game mode is it happening in?

Message 7 of 19 (2,042 Views)

★★ Novice

This freezeing is happening to my son as well on xbox 360 sometimes when he is playing offline and sometimes when he plays online with friends. He has to shut down the whole console. he does get progerss back when he turns it off and then logs back in. It occurs when he loads to play and it freezes or within games.  When he plays gardens and graveyards it freezes a lot. When he plays with a prty with friends it all of a sudden leaves the party and then usually that is when teh game freezes and he loses the pogress. I do not play the game so I am not sure what questiosn to ask him. But would be happy to provide details if I knew what to ask. We purchased this game on May 23. We have since downloaded all patches that we can.

Message 8 of 19 (1,771 Views)

★★★★ Guide

You should probably make a new post.  Also there is no offline mode, so you probably mean when he is just playing alone and not in a party.

Things to try if all else fails: 

- Delete all game content *his saves are on the cloud

- Redownload everything

- Reboot after downloading the DLC/Patch

See if that helps

You can also contact customer service here:

Contact a Game Advisor...

Here's how:
1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

Message 9 of 19 (1,769 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you're on the 360, one possibility is a crammed hard drive. Due to the low amounts of RAM in the 360, I'm sure many games need to convert hard drive space into virtual memory, just like any Windows desktop. I always try to keep a minimum of 10GB of free space available at all times when I use my 360.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/games/manage-games-data

I generally start off with removing any game demos. Then I move on to any games that I no longer play or have finished playing. Just keep your game saves should you decide to download the game again and play it. I always look to see which games take up the most space and decide whether I'll play it or not.

Message 10 of 19 (1,761 Views)