unable to play pvz due to ps3 won't update 1.02 software installation

by aindeeyahzz

Original Post

unable to play pvz due to ps3 won't update 1.02 software installation

★★★ Newbie

plants vs zombies garden warfare unable to complete update 1.02 installation size 736MB on PS3 HELP!!

Message 1 of 12 (7,380 Views)

Re: unable to play pvz due to ps3 won't update 1.02 software installation

Community Manager

@aindeeyahzz How does the update fail? Do you get an error message? If you clear some hard drive space does that help?

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 12 (7,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought the game PVZ GW and I can not believe that being a company that sells online games, I can not download the game I purchased, my email [edit: email address removed]

Message 3 of 12 (7,316 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the exact same problem. I have just downloaded the game for my son. The uppdate doesn't work and we cant play the game. 190 GB left on the hard drive and we have tried to reinstall the whole game 3 times. Please fix it :-) thanks
Message 4 of 12 (7,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. uppdate doesn't work . I have tried to reinstall the whole game 10  times. Please help me. thanks

Message 5 of 12 (7,002 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem. uppdate doesn't work . I have tried to reinstall the whole game 10  times. Please help me. thanks Note: My system is ps3 320 Gb. game is not cd. This is downloaded from psn.

Message 6 of 12 (6,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was initially having the same problem as mentioned in another thread (can't load save data).  Quite annoying.

I then deleted my 1.02, redownloaded and then encountered this issue.

I last installed 1.02 in early June and it worked fine.

I've tried rebuilding database and restoring file system.  It still hangs at either 16% or 22/23%.  Oftentimes the installer then fails and goes back to the PS3 menu without any further error message.

Message 7 of 12 (6,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game had the exact same problem. I would click on anything and every time i selected something, the game would have a popup saying "a system update is available. would you like to install it?" and so i click on "a" and download it for a half an hour and when it is done updating, the exact same thing pops up and it seems like a virus. And i contacted about two "EA Professionals and they said the exact same thing so i did those things and they didnt do anything.

Message 8 of 12 (6,846 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So... Why aren't you guys fixing this issue? There are countless people who can't download the update. My 11 year old was so excited to purchase this game with his own money. We get it home, put it in, and it won't download the update! My son is extremely disappointed! Brand new PS3 with pretty much nothing on it. Is there a solution?

Message 9 of 12 (6,526 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update error code 800233ef

It's not on my end either. It won't work on my older PS3 either, which has never had a problem downloading updates. It's something wrong with your game, or your update system.

Message 10 of 12 (6,523 Views)