Re: plants verses zombies garden warfare ps4 error you have lost the connection

by MegaZero2205

Original Post

plants verses zombies garden warfare ps4 error you have lost the connection to the game session

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I preordered this game when I first found out it was coming out for the ps4. I played it on the Xbox and thought it was great. The issue I am having is the first day I go to play it on my ps4 I can not because every game type I try, I get the same message error you have lost the connection to the game session before I even get dropped in the game.. I tried uninstalling the game, hard reboot of the system, hard reboot of the router. I checked my internet speed and my PlayStation was reading 25.6 down and 2.3 up Nat type 2. I tried all game modes. Garden ops, welcome mat... Ect.Every time I pick a game mode it goes to match making, then the loading screen with the flower in the bottom right, then to the same loading screen from when you first turn on the game with the stone pvz statute on the street corner, instead of a map loading screen. Then it seems me back to the multiplayer game mode screen with the error "error you have lost the connection to the game session"
Thank you for taking the time to look at this. Hope I can play soon.
Message 1 of 11 (3,617 Views)

Re: plants verses zombies garden warfare ps4 error you have lost the connection to the game session

★★★ Newbie

Was just going to post a thread about this but I saw yours so I'm going to piggy back on to it. I love the game but I feel like I wasted $40 on it because it literally takes about 40 minutes to actually get into a game because I keep getting booted back to the main menu and receiving this message. Once I'm actually in a game I can keep playing for hours on end without an issue, but needing to wait 40 minutes before you can play a game every time you play it is ridiculous. All my other online games work and although my connection isn't amazing, it's definitely serviceable (10 mpbs). Would love to know what's going/if there's a fix,.

Message 2 of 11 (3,573 Views)

Re: plants verses zombies garden warfare ps4 error you have lost the connection to the game session

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem,but just in garden ops mode.

when i don't use the router to connect the ps4,it can work.so u can try .

just use the Lan to connect, don't use the router.

Message 3 of 11 (3,563 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same prob. Can't for the life of me get into a Garden Ops which is like half the game Frown 

I have my ps4 hooked up through ethernet so i don't know it won't let me play garden ops. I don't know how to open ports either though.

Multiplayer runs flawlessly though. 

Message 4 of 11 (3,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Experiencing the same problems.

I keep being kicked of game sessions randomly (Garden Ops and Multiplayer) with that error message: connection lost. But in addition, it tells me sometimes to check network configuration.

Too often, it comes with a game freeze (neverending loading flower on a completely black screen). And there is no other solution than to restart the console, everytime it happens. (This is a very important fact I believe; it seems to show that there is something unattended happening and not just a simple miscommunication between host and client; not just a network issue.)

I couldn't note any reliable information about a specific action that is followed by the lost of connection neither a precise moment when it happens. Before anyone ask: no downloading during game sessions. Cable internet speed is 5mb down and 1mb up, confirmed by connection speed tests (Class B connection).

The PS3 is DMZ on my router. I have also tried with NAT filtering secured, open and disable. It did not change anything. Of course, restarted the modem and router, reset configuration, many times, with lot of patience.

Still can't stay in a game more than 10-15 minutes or less (2-3 minutes in worst cases).

It would be nice to get this fixed or, at least, to get a clear solution if the problem rather on this side than the other... hope this post will be of some help in order to reach this goal.

Message 5 of 11 (3,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I have this problem, but on the ps3. It is normal when i start it, but when i'm in a game of usually Gardens & Graveyards, everyone and everything freezes and shows the other players in their walking animation, but on the same spot, both plant players, zombie players and summoned zombies. After about 10 seconds, i get 'kicked' from the game and taken to the main menu where it says 'you have lost connection to the game session'. And i'm very confused on why. I tried both wireless connection and then a wifi dongle in the back of the ps3 and it still happens. Any suggestions?

Also another thing, when i'm in the screen that shows what map your going to play in (eg- crash course or driftwood shores). The game AND the ps3 freeze, so i can't quit and have to turn it off, and the flower on the bottom right also freezes.

I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! PLEASE HELP! (Also, does anyone experience this sort of thing in the other versions (like xbox one and pc?)

Please reply. Thanks.
Message 6 of 11 (3,094 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I am having a similiar problem as well. 

Everytime i am in game, i will be disconnected and there will be a message saying error in connection. 

This is getting quite frustrating as i kept losing the in-game coins or items i have earned and especially while i am having a good game and suddenly, just gone!

My internet connection is fine and it is connected using LAN cable and i do not have any problem with other games and i doubt it is my ps4 because i only bought it one month ago.

Please kindly look into this as i really enjoyed this game alot but the disconnecting makes it hard to play. 

Thank you very much. 

Message 7 of 11 (3,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem as the others (on ps3). please HELP!!!!!

Message 8 of 11 (2,803 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone.  If you are having issues specifically in Garden ops it is likely due to two things:

1: your router NAT ports.  Anything except NAT3 is fine

2. Either your connection or the person you connect to's connection

Garden ops is peer hosted. This means that if the person you connect to backs out, the game ends.  If they have a terrible connection, you will likely lag.  In these cases I reccomend you try hosting a few matches and see if thats better

Message 9 of 11 (2,799 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

have the same problem on PS3 too tried everything and still doesn't work. then it says : ERROR.You have lost the connection to the game session i' i'm so confused and missed playing the game. Any help?

Message 10 of 11 (1,275 Views)