Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

by ozerozbey

Original Post

Re: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

★★★ Newbie
My son just bought this game two days ago, paid $20. And now we see we have to PS +
I then see how much that will cost.... AS IF!!!!! That is completely wrong wrong wrong!!!
We will never own a PS again. We had a Wii for years and never had to pay a subscription to use games. What a huge disapointment
Message 21 of 51 (4,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice
If you have a PS3, it'll work without PS+. However, seeing as how you already have the Wii, you might as well keep on going with Wii. Do you have a Wii or a Wii U,BTW?
Message 22 of 51 (4,551 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I entirely agree with you! This is theft! I phoned  playstation they said that I need to contact EA, and it's nothing to do with them which is a lie obviously. Both companies don't give a damn as long as they make money. I will discourage everyone to buy their products!

Message 23 of 51 (4,515 Views)

★★★★ Novice
At least Star Wars Battlefront has an offline mode...
Message 24 of 51 (4,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

it said you do not need to download if you do not need multiplayer mode. I downloaded because I thought I can switch it to ops mode. However, after 2 day free trial, it just asked me to subscribe, can not select ops mode! 

My question is how do I go back to ops mode?

Thanks

Message 25 of 51 (4,446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

wow you act like you did not know about ps+, the way your acting is like $10/month is to much to handle. Perhaps you should sell the ps4 and buy a wiiu.. its obvious you have no idea what your doing with this system. Plz go into settings and delete all applications, then bring the PS4 back to factory standards. Sorry but ive never seen someone so up tight about $10 before... wow welfare  checks arnt as good as they use to be? Seriously.. whine some more... why not go outside with your kid.. instead of teaching them to be a dead beat like there mom and dad.

Message 26 of 51 (4,445 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Unfortunate. I'd like information about the money-back guarantee.
Message 27 of 51 (4,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I agree fully.

Purhased the game as a disc. The markings on the jewel box really tell you that the game works as a standalone game and you only need PS+ account for multiplayer gaming.

I am taking the game back to the store and reporting EA to consumer authorities for misleading marketing.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS GAME.
Message 28 of 51 (4,399 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same for me. I have bought the game for my kids and it is useless without a PS+ subscription.

Don't buy it if you are not thinking on paying for a PS+ subscription.

They are just getting your money without any problem.

No answer at all.

WARNING: The same happen with Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2. Be careful before buying it.

Message 29 of 51 (4,366 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We bought the disc for our son also for Christmas with a new PS4.  It has worked perfectly well for 3 days and now it is insisting we buy PS+ and the game won't play at all!  Very upset - we've always owned XBox and heard good things about PS4 - what a bad decision.

@sromano88_ea wrote:

The same for me. I have bought the game for my kids and it is useless without a PS+ subscription.

Don't buy it if you are not thinking on paying for a PS+ subscription.

They are just getting your money without any problem.

No answer at all.

WARNING: The same happen with Plants vs. Zombies™ Garden Warfare 2. Be careful before buying it.

Message 30 of 51 (4,327 Views)