Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

by ozerozbey

Original Post

Re: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

★★★ Novice

In this case, I'll keep it installed on my PS4 and I will wait till Sony or EA decide to remove PS+ requirement for this game (If...of course, that's only my wish). From what I see, I'll have to have alot of patience since in my opinion, they will never have this req removed.

Anyway, EA, maybe a future patch to allow the game to be played locally in split screen or a bot match? That would be nice and this way I'll be finally playing my free copy of PvZ GW. All I want is to play it locally with computer controlled enemies, just like I did on my phone with early versions of this game.

Tx in advance,

KAT

Message 11 of 51 (8,895 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So here I go - I bought this game for my son at the PS Store, on the only PS4 we have.

At the store is states: "One-time licence fee to download to multiple PS4 systems. Sign in to PlayStation Network is not required to use this on your primary PS4, but is required for use on other PS4 systems."

And after installation it asks me to sign up for PS+ - no options to play the game on my primary.

This is not just bad, it is illegal, incorrect information, misleading customers.

Thank you!

/Depui

Message 12 of 51 (8,770 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

It's a multiplayer game.  That's it's only features.  PvP and Co-Op.  Multiplayer requires an active PS+ sub on PS4 on all games like Xbox 360 and XboxOne, not all accounts need it just a primary needs it on the PS4.

From PSN store and Amazon

gardenonline.jpg

Message 13 of 51 (8,767 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So,essentially PVZ is trying to be something it isn't. If you're going to have PS Plus on a game that wants to sell itself to the kids,than you're eessentially saying to the kids that they can go screw themselves if their parents can't afford PS plus. Might as well make it a M only game,for god's sake.
Message 14 of 51 (8,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

The fact that PS3 doesn't require PS+ and PS4 does is probably proof enough you're wagging your finger at the wrong company. 

Game companies have to follow guidelines set by the console's company. Not to mention Garden Warfare is an ONLINE shooter.

Message 15 of 51 (8,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Yeah,that's the point. They keep trying to sell a online shooter to kids. They put all these commercials on how awesome the game is on TV and they now realize,it's not just online,it requires a subscription from the people who provide the console to you. I'm not wagging a finger at one of you or any of you. I'm wagging a finger at all of you that work or operate at EA and Sony and Popcap. Shame on all of you. Shame on EA for making these commercials and advertising the game for kids,shame on Sony for making this game require PS Plus and shame on Popcap for making this agame online only game. At least PVZ GW2 won't allow the kids to go cold turkey.
Message 16 of 51 (8,584 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Speaking of cold turkey,I now have a craving for it. If you'll excuse me,I'm gonna make my way on outta here.
Message 17 of 51 (8,565 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

How stupid is Sony? You make us pay for a game, not cheap either. Now you can't play online without an additional subscription. This is how you lose customers really fast. I am about to pack up my PS4 that I bought on Friday and return it. If I pay for the game, I should be able to play all features. Without a Subscription. I wonder if XBOX One has the same issue?

I wonder if anyone at Sony actually reads these threads? I think I might just return the PS4 and stick with the PS3 and get an XBOX One.

Message 18 of 51 (8,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie
i'm the 1 buy the cd & can't play because the ps plus... moral of story don't support EA game anymore... :'(
Message 19 of 51 (8,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie
& looks like EA became deaf of our comment without any single replaying & hope
Message 20 of 51 (8,335 Views)