Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

by ozerozbey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

★★★★★ Newbie

I installed the game 3 days before and played with my son. After two days I can open the game but it didn't let me to do anything, it just wanted me to join the PlayStation Plus. Although I had allready a 14 days trial pack.

Message 1 of 51 (55,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare won't start because of PSPlus subscription

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

When did the 14 day trial start? Could it have perhaps ended?

View in thread

Message 2 of 51 (63,916 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

When did the 14 day trial start? Could it have perhaps ended?

Message 2 of 51 (63,917 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes! Standard smile

Message 3 of 51 (55,157 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi EA, I've just registered and I want to make to (unofficial) complain about the way you guys or Sony's handle the "free Garden Warfare PSX promotion".

I am an owner of a PS4, I went and downloaded the game when I heard it was free because PSX and I thank you for the nice idea but in my opinion, you didn't go all the way with this promotion. What I mean is, in my personal opinion, you should have spoken with guys at Sony's to remove the mandatoy subscription to PS+ for us to fully enjoy your free product.

If it's free, then make it free all the way, instead of asking me and others like me to buy extra to enjoy this game.

So, shame on you, yes, shame on you , because first of all, you shouldn't have asked PS+ (I know Sony require Plus subscription for multiplayer on PS4 but some multiplayer games on PS4 don't have this requirement and I don't think Sony asks for this) in the first time, for a regular customer who buys the game on PS4. If you are indeed humans with soul, you should talk to sony to remove this obligation for your offline multiplayer game (multiplayer co-op split screen for ex).

This is really outrageous!

Thank you

Kat.

Message 4 of 51 (55,000 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

This is good feedback.

Message 5 of 51 (54,986 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi Kat, I agree some of it was not made clear such as that one was PS4 only, one was for Vita only etc.  However, Garden Warfare has always required PS+/Xbox Live and there is no way to make it not require this currently.  I am sorry you havent been able to play it though.  Hopefully if you ever get PS+ in the future you will give it a try

Message 6 of 51 (54,985 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Jenni!

I really enjoy your type of corporate attitude serving corporate answers to the kind consumers. This is one of the reasons that made me decide applying for the public sector. Back to the subject (sorry for the offtopic):

You know it's funny, I always thought companies deliver products/services for the people, for their interests, not just thinking only at their personal balance sheet proffits.

You know what I think of all this, about the PS+ requirement? I think it's against consumer rights, no consumer protection here because it's a a case of abbuse (repet, only in my personal opinion, I have this right, right?). Honestly, think about it: I pay for a product (or get it free on promotion) and then I realize myself that I need to spend extra money because that's what others want or maybe that's what you want. Plus,  I don't want any more subscriptions since I'm sick of all the subscriptions and fees and good deals, etc. I'm sure PS+ is a good deal but I care less, all I care is to pay for this game (PVZ GardenWarfare) and to fully enjoy this game on PS4.

If something human still resides in you, please put away your corporate attitude and for once, try to think and remove that PS+ requirement.

Kat@.

Message 7 of 51 (54,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Im a littel supprised about this, because when you read on the game cover, it reads "Online mulitplayer only: Playstation Plus required". To me that means that only for Online multiplay that Plus is required. This combiend with the back cover stating, that 1-2 players in one field, and in another yellow marked field, it says "Network Players 2-24 playstation plus required". Again, this indicates, that you can play 1-2 players but if you want to play 2-24 you will need plus subscription.

So if EA would have marked the cover clearly with "Game does NOT function without PS plus subscription", then I wouldnt have been sitting here at Christmas with two really disapointed kids and an unpacked unplayable game that I cant return.

Message 8 of 51 (54,849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
So am I to understand the game can't even be played at all without ps+ subscription? Because I haven't been able to play at all and it's trying to get me to subscribe. I already paid for the game and now I have to pay more? I don't want online multiplayer etc, my son just wants to shoot zombies. Btw I did not get the free online version, I bought the disc at target.

If this is the case I'm returning the game. That is stupid.
Message 9 of 51 (54,730 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Cr7008gttyhmjk wrote:
So am I to understand the game can't even be played at all without ps+ subscription? Because I haven't been able to play at all and it's trying to get me to subscribe. I already paid for the game and now I have to pay more? I don't want online multiplayer etc, my son just wants to shoot zombies. Btw I did not get the free online version, I bought the disc at target.

If this is the case I'm returning the game. That is stupid.

There is no single player in Garden Warfare, every mode is multiplayer; unless you make a private game, but that's still online. PS+ is required on PS4 for all  Garden Warfare versions, disc or digital, even if it was gotten for free.

Message 10 of 51 (54,714 Views)