PSN account linking with Origin account: no "Connect" button after Add Friends

by LeonelMorgado

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PSN account linking with Origin account: no "Connect" button after Add Friends

★★ Novice

I am using the same e-mail on PlayStation Network and EA/Origin - [edit: email address removed]

But my account still aren't connected, my profile page in EA.com reports no connected accounts.

I tried to follow the instruction on this website and use the Origin client, but the current version (10.3.3.1921 - 0) no longer has the "Connect" button in the "Add friends" menu dialog.

This is very frustrating, because my child has bought PvZ GW in the PS4, the game is installed in the PS4 and show up on my Origin account, but when I try to play it I always get connection errors.

Message 1 of 6 (848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PSN account linking with Origin account: no "Connect" button after

★★ Novice

Thanks! Following your lead, I've installed the FIFA2017 demo and this game enabled me to log into EA.com from my PlayStation interface. This did the trick and now my accounts are connected.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (868 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I literally have spent 5 hours researching anything I could find on the EA support site, Play-station support, and of course You-tube.   This is not the first time EA has screwed its customers by not addressing the issues they have.  I think they should have an EA app for the PS4 to handle the log-in connection issues for all their games.  The only thing I have not tried is downloading the demo of FIFA as some have suggested.  I will try this when I get home just to rule it out.  Good Luck All

Message 2 of 6 (829 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! Following your lead, I've installed the FIFA2017 demo and this game enabled me to log into EA.com from my PlayStation interface. This did the trick and now my accounts are connected.

Message 3 of 6 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice

I went home to install the DEMO FIFA 2017 and I could not find it but, I am glad to see it worked for you.  I will look again when I get home.  I possible could you tell me where you found it?

Message 4 of 6 (793 Views)

★★ Novice

I looked for it in the Playstation Store via the PC Web browser. You can ask for it to be downloaded to the PS4 automatically.

Message 5 of 6 (787 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep it worked, Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6 (776 Views)