How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

by awesomedude818

Original Post

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

Recently had my son receive PvZW2 for his birthday but what an experience to even get it up and running let alone trying to setup so his sub account logging in will allow him to play the game.

Any updates on this?

Cheers,

Brad

Message 11 of 54 (15,309 Views)

Re: How to manually connect a PSN Subaccount to newly created EA/Origin account?

★★★ Newbie

Did they change the client?  I used this successfully in July for one child.. now that I am trying for another, add friends doesn't show the PSN / XBOX option to import anymore... did this get removed?

Message 12 of 54 (15,185 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Wow this is horrible. I spent the last 2 hours trying to get  this to work. EA should be ashamed. There is no clear way to link my sons account (which is a sub account of mine on PSN).

They make things way to confusing with all of these double accounts.

EA Help points you to a page which is useless as all it tells you that it will be done automatically if the emails are the same.

EA how do you link a PSN sub account to a new ea account? My son would like to play BF1 and Plants Vs Zombies multiplayer.

Message 13 of 54 (15,157 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Agreed, I've explained to 3 different support people now what the problem is. Once got sent to Sony since I forgot to try to connect to online with a Non-EA game. Rocket League worked just fine for my son's account so it something to do with the archaic connection EA uses to allow people to play online and track everything!

I told them I can still see my kids Xbox Live accounts connected to the EA account.

Why do they like to block a major part of the functionality of their games with this *?

Message 14 of 54 (15,076 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

At least you can talk to support people. The wait time is like 5 hours for me (in Canada). I never have received a call and then I get an email telling me the call experienced technical difficulties.

Support on Answer HQ seems to be no help here as well. This topic is marked solved which has been proven by several people it is not.

I am considering starting a new thread to try and get some recognition from EA.

Does anyone have an email address I can use to contact customer support seems their phone support doesn't seem to be able to contact me?

Message 15 of 54 (15,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is no Import Friends menu when I follow these steps.

Message 16 of 54 (14,853 Views)

★★ Novice
-Go to ea.help.com

-Top right: If you are signed in, click "sign out"

-Click "sign in" again...wait

-Below the EA sign in boxes, click the "PS NETWORK" button

-Sign in with the PS NETWORK login info that you want to attach and click "next" (or whatever it says to progress)

-Next page, sign in with your EA login info and click "next" or "connect" (or whateverit says to progress)

-Wait about 5 minutes for the systems to catch up
Message 17 of 54 (14,827 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Funny how that PSN Network button is only on the EA help website even though the login is the same for the regular ea.com website.

Anyways, I tried this with my kids psn sub accounts and it didn't work. When I logged in the way you described ParkourPro222  with my kids PSN Sub accounts I get the following message

Account Ineligible
We're sorry, but your EA account or your account for PSN is not eligible.

Has anyone else been able to link a PSN sub account to a regular ea account? (so we can modify the birthday on the ea account)

Message 18 of 54 (14,815 Views)

★★ Novice
The EA accounts have to show birthday of 18 or older. I had to have EA delete my son's 1st account so I could re-register with an adjusted birth year.
Message 19 of 54 (14,812 Views)

★★ Novice
I am the master account holder (the mom) I'm just typing under my son's profile because it was still logged in.

So, these are the steps I took to get both of my kids sub accounts attached to their EA accounts.

-Called EA to delete both profiles so I could re-register them as 18 years old
-Called PlayStation and had them adjust their birth year to show 18 or older (IDK if this had any effect on connection)
-Connected each PSN to EA account per the previous directions (listed again below for convenience)

You have to connect your PS NETWORK account to your EA account.

If you don't have an EA account, go to help.ea.com to set one up BEFORE following the steps below.

To attach your PSN NETWORK account to your EA account, follow the directions below:

-Go to ea.help.com

-Top right: If you are signed in, click "sign out"

-Click "sign in" again...wait

-Below the EA sign in boxes, click the "PS NETWORK" button

-Sign in with the PS NETWORK login info that you wat to attach and click "next" (or whatever it says to progress)

-Next page, sign in with your EA login info and click "next" or "connect" (or whatever it says to progress)

-Wait about 5 minutes for the systems to catch up
Message 20 of 54 (14,808 Views)